ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory, Space next to profile picture

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/04/13 11:26 PM Views: 1362 Replies: 6
Monday, November 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I added a classmate to the In Memory page. His page includes his profile picture at the right side of a box. The rest of the box is empty. Can that empty space be used? If so, by what and how do you put it there?

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM - Response #1

what is the name of the classmate?

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #2

Kyle: The specific person is Ronald Fernandez-Rojo. Depending on the answer, the answer could have broader/general significance.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 12:26 AM - Response #3

Yes, that empty space can be used. Do the following:
Edit Site Pages
EDIT PAGE for In Memory
Scroll down to the classmate's name, click EDIT
now copy the classmate's obituary or other information about their death in the editor
If they were a classmate with a profile, click the checkbox to add a link to their profile to their IN MEMORY page so that all of their profile information isn't hidden from view.
You can also upload a different photo if you don't want to use the Yearbook Photo.
Save the changes.

Now when you view the classmate, the obituary will appear.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM - Response #5

Hi Barry,
Thought I'd share what I am considering for all those In Memory on my sites. If I choose to do this on the alumni site, I will need one or more admins specifically for this, even though it is a copy/paste, then change the name and dates. Take a look at it at this link.

I do copy the source code and change the name & dates in the code so as not to 'disturb' the formatting. Smile

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM - Response #6

Gwen:

I finally had a chance to look at your link. You certainly answered one question I had. Is the white space limited in scope as to what you can use it for. I believe now, the limitations are the size of the box and imagination.

I have made a point of not accessing the html. Like wiley coyote, I have a propensity for taking an extra step off the cliff.

I do like what you've done.

Barry Levinsky

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.