ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing classmate sign up info template

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/09/15 02:52 PM Views: 1655 Replies: 19
Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I was just wondering. Can we change pieces of information we request classmates to provide when they sign up to be members of our websites from optional to required and, if so, how it would be done?

Edited 06/09/15 2:57 PM
Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 3:17 PM - Response #1

Create a PROFILE GENERATOR question and check the "Require classmates answer this question when joining site or editing profile". This would make the question a required question. The default questions cannot be modified with this "Answer Required" attribute.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 3:48 PM - Response #2

Apparently I am May be referring to the wrong portion of our sign up process. We want to change the screen where new members sign up. There are information fields with * (for required) symbols near them. We would like to change some that do not have them so that they will now have this symbol.

Edited 06/09/15 4:09 PM
Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

I believe the only options are those that are provided under the profile generator.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM - Response #4

I'm having difficulty accessing the editing screens related to that area. Can you or someone add the * symbol for the telephone and possibly cell phone fields the possibility to type in something indicating they do not have a number?

Edited 06/09/15 6:38 PM
Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 3:59 PM - Response #5

I made that change for you. By the way, that was located on the Preferences page under the section called COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM - Response #8

There is a check box under Preferences > Collection of Personal Information for Require a Telephone or Cell Phone

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 2:02 PM - Response #10

It is a check box not a radio button. It is the last one listed. Here is the options that I copied from your preferences page:

COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

Do not require any Address fields
Require that if any Address field is entered, all must be entered
Require all Address fields be entered
Require a Telephone or Cell Phone

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 4:53 PM - Response #12

I checked the "Require a Telephone or Cell Phone" checkbox for you.

Maybe the issue you are seeing is with your browser. do you see the checkbox if you use a different browser?

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7:04 PM - Response #13
Personal Info.JPG

I too see nothing regarding telephone or cell in either IE or Firefox. Screen shot attached.

Edited 06/19/15 7:05 PM
Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 11:03 AM - Response #15

This was previously an override option, however, I've asked the programmers to make it available to all admins who choose to turn it on for their own site. Typically required fields reduce the number of initial registrations if users do not wish to provide telephone information for an online program. Some users will simply enter false data to get past the required field as well. We'll add it in as an unchecked item that admins would have to turn on and can turn off if they find it is unpopular with their new site members.

If anyone needs this turned on before the programmers are done I can set an override for it.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 11:44 AM - Response #16

Jessica,

I commented because I interpreted the conversation to imply that it should be available to all and wasn't. As I don't need this option don't do anything for me beyond what may already be planned.

FC

Monday, July 13, 2015 at 1:34 AM - Response #18

Hi Gary,

The programmers took care of this a while ago. I'm just catching up on some of the special requests I sent them and realized I had not posted an update to you on the forums that it was there.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.