ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Traffic Generator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/02/14 08:23 PM Views: 1655 Replies: 19
Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM

JUST POSTED A NEW PLAN FOR TRANSFERRING THE HOLIDAYS' MATERIAL THAT IS DESCRIBED BELOY. YOU'LL FIND IT AT:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=8197E18D-90B1-1C17-D1BEB4CC87978826#8197E18D-90B1-1C17-D1BEB4CC87978826

Carole

I have been able to maintain traffic the last two years my posting information and videos about upcoming holidays that are either serious, educational, unusual, or silly. I have a list of over 125 with only a few necessary repeats (Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, etc. )which I'll be glad to share with the rest of the ClassCreator World

I can send a list of the Holidays to anyone interested, and samples can be seen as my Home Page changes. I should mention, too, that some of the holidays have additional information posted in forums, which I can also include.

I am offering the code and text to anyone who thinks it will be a draw to their site. It's been a lot of work compiling this material but having it well-received, has made it worthwhile. I hope it will work the same for other administrators.

Sincerely,
Carole Mackey

FengerJune1958.com
mckwd@aol.com

Edited 11/07/14 9:09 PM
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM - Response #1

Thank you, Carole Mackey, for sharing helpful hints on keeping the interest in your website. I would greatly appreciate the info you are willing to share of holidays or any additional information, etc that you would suggest in maintaining traffic on our sites. I maintain a site for 1959-1963 Highland Park High School (Highland Park, MI). My site is http://www.classcreator.com/Highland-Park-MI-1959-1963/.

Thank you for any assistance or info you may share.

Blessings,
Judy Blackwell
http://www.classcreator.com/Highland-Park-MI-1959-1963/
Travelingjudy@comcast.net

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 5:45 AM - Response #2

Hi Carole

Thank you for your very kind offer. I manage www.dhs-class-of-1966.com in Durban, South Africa. I'd be very interested in articles/posts relating to international events/holidays that you have found have been appreciated by your site.

Kind regards

Cedric Parker

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM - Response #3

Hi Carole,

Always interested in new things for our site. I'd love to see what you've done.

Thanks

Dave Shellenbarger
www.aahs1970.com

please send to: dshellpsu@psualum.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM - Response #4

Hi, your site does look great! I too am interested in your offer to share your information. My site could use some more interested classmates. Thanks for sharing. My site is NHS 67-68.com and my email is: mc05309@yahoo.com

Susanne

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM - Response #5

Carole,

You are doing a fantastic job and are very dedicated to your site. If you don't mind me plagiarizing your work, I'd appreciate doing so.

Joan Kanner
Portsmouth Notre Dame High School
Class of 1964

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM - Response #6

Carole, great home page!!! I, too, would appreciate receiving the holiday code. Thank you very much for sharing this. I can see how it can keep interest in the site. Thanks, again. Mark Abrams woodwardclassof65.com m_d_abrams@hotmail.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM - Response #7

Can the Holiday code be posted here in the forums? If it's in multiple files can you zip it into one file and post it here? It would be nice to have it available immediately for anyone wanting to download it.

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM - Response #8

Carole,
Count me in, as well. Always looking for new things!
Thanks!

With warmest regards,
Kathi

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM - Response #9

Hi Carole - Please include me as wanting the info. Our site could use a little spicing up since our reunion is over. Send to bjwindel@aol.com.

Thanks for all the work you did and for sharing with us.
Brenda

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM - Response #10

Carole,I would like the info on holidays, also. Thanks for sharing. Send to lane.jone@yahoo.com.

Jone Lane
celina 60.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM - Response #11

Hi Carole,

I love your idea and would like to try it on my website.

Thanks,
Dave

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM - Response #12

Hi Carol - Thanks so much for sharing all the hard work you have put in to keep sites fresh and interesting. Count me in on your efforts.

Paul

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM - Response #13

Attach as a FILE. Can be .txt or html. That keeps it all intact.

A note: for images, people need to fix the links to those as well as store them in their own file vault just in case you remove or rename the ones in your own file vault.

Carole I. Mackey wrote:

Yicks! I posted the source code here and got double, and sometimes triple, videos; but worst of all all my perfect formatting was thrown out the window.

Monday, November 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM - Response #14

To attach a file here, click Attach File that is below the text box when you click "Reply". You browse your system just like you do in the CC editor.

(You would paste the code into a file and saving it first on your system as a .txt or .html file. Txt makes it a bit easier for a user to open. Then reference that file to attach here.)

A user can either download to their own computer and then upload to their file vault (best since they get a local copy then). Or they could probably just use a direct link to your file vault and use that as the "file location" in the open dialog. Takes a bit of time to open.

Then they would modify the image link to point to their file vault. Be easiest if they used the "image" file vault. That's what you used on your home page ATM.

Yes, embedded videos (or similar not part of your file vault) are automatically OK.

You did a good job collecting/condensing bits and pieces. I did a bit of research on your current "Twister" topic. The Peter thing is fascinating - it looks like a lot of articles tried to protect his "image" ?

Edited 11/03/14 11:36 PM
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM - Response #15

Hi Carole,
You sent me the traffic generator code but I misplaced it.
My house is torn apart with flooring workers is my excuse.
Would you send me the code again please?
Thank You,
Dave

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM - Response #16

Just use NOTEPAD. Everyone has that (Mac has something similar). PDF is a much larger file and harder to use.

What I meant by "protect" was that a lot of the articles try to cushion his "theft" with wording like it was just part of what he did. (Not anything to do with copyright .. sorry for the poor wording.)

Carole I. Mackey wrote:

MS Word does not allow me to save as .htlm or .txt. Would a .pdf work?

Thanks for the compliment on my "collecting and condensing." I do not, however, remember any restrictions on Peter. If it's on the Internet without a copyright, I think it's "fair game."

Carole

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM - Response #17

Hi Carole - I just saw this post, and would be interested in getting your information. Send to 61totem@gmail.com.

Thanks for your offer to share all the hard work you have done!

Alice

Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM - Response #18

Hi Carole:

Thank you for your kind offer! I am very interested in using some on our Home Page and would appreciate your sending to me: info@keene71.com

Thank you very much!

Deb Rousseau

Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM - Response #19

Carole posted all the code in a new topic link HERE

Edited 11/09/14 12:59 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.