ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Be My Guest

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/16/09 12:57 PM Views: 2286 Replies: 25
Monday, February 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I'm still working around the clock to get my reunion site where I want it to be before the cattle come home Laughing A few a alumni have signed up from facebook but before they all start coming, I wouldn't mind sharing some of my survey & web ideas with the rest of you for a few weeks. If you would like to be a guest on my reunion site, please let me know & I will add your name Very Happy

~christine marie Cool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM - Response #1

I would love it. jodi carey

Thanks!!

Jodi Carey
Boylan Class of 1984

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM - Response #2

I would love to be a guest!! Thanks!!

Laura Mulholland

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM - Response #3

One suggestion for you Christine Marie.
Get your surveys up, and get your reunion yes or no buttons activated quickly, before all the cattle come home, or before you drop the match onto the gasoline as I describe it, because one they're on, its a real struggle to get them to go back and do these things for you.
Cheers
Don

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM - Response #4

Hi -

I would love to be your guest. I look at your website often for ideas - it is just awesome!

I am the administrator for www.classcreator.com/troy-ny-1963. I'm a novice at websites but am trying to learn (I'm also learning the true nature of my temper when things don't work the way I want them to online!!).

Thanks for the offer.

Betsy (Mitchell) Savery

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM - Response #5

Jodi (Bufalo) Carey wrote:

I would love it. jodi carey

Thanks!!

Jodi Carey
Boylan Class of 1984

I added you Jodi!

~christine marie Cool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM - Response #6

And sure, please make me a guest too.

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM - Response #7

Laura Mulholland wrote:

I would love to be a guest!! Thanks!!

Laura Mulholland

I added you too Laura Cool

~christine marie Cool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:15 PM - Response #8

Christine Marie - Where did you find the number of site visits for your home page? I'd love to download a 'number of visits' button, but I don't know the best place to look.

thanx, Betsy
Troy High School 1963

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM - Response #9

Don Armstrong wrote:

One suggestion for you Christine Marie.
Get your surveys up, and get your reunion yes or no buttons activated quickly, before all the cattle come home, or before you drop the match onto the gasoline as I describe it, because one they're on, its a real struggle to get them to go back and do these things for you.
Cheers
Don

Thank you Don but I'm not doing the actual Reunion =) The Class President hired Great Reunions ~ So I just provide the links to their site & I'm kind of helping "inform" the alumni that there is one... as far as getting all my ducks in a row before alumni start signing up, I'm am working on it Laughing I do have a few clever ideas up my sleave though to get them to come back once they have signed onVery Happy

Very HappyI added you as a guest DonCool

~christine marieCool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:20 PM - Response #10

Betsy Mitchell Savery wrote:

Hi -

I would love to be your guest. I look at your website often for ideas - it is just awesome!

I am the administrator for www.classcreator.com/troy-ny-1963. I'm a novice at websites but am trying to learn (I'm also learning the true nature of my temper when things don't work the way I want them to online!!).

Thanks for the offer.

Betsy (Mitchell) Savery

Awe thank you Betsy ~ you made my day Very Happy I signed you up as a guestVery Happy

~christine marie

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM - Response #11

Thanks! Your website is REALLY good. You should be proud. I was wondering how you did the now and then photos??

What do you think of my work in progress?

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM - Response #12

Betsy Mitchell Savery wrote:

Christine Marie - Where did you find the number of site visits for your home page? I'd love to download a 'number of visits' button, but I don't know the best place to look.

thanx, Betsy
Troy High School 1963

There are a few BetsyVery Happy

the one I used is

http://www.reliablecounter.com/

here are more....

http://www.website-hit-counters.com/

http://www.easycounter.com/FreeCounter3.html

http://www.free-website-hit-counters.com/

~christine marie Cool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM - Response #13

Jodi (Bufalo) Carey wrote:

Thanks! Your website is REALLY good. You should be proud. I was wondering how you did the now and then photos??

What do you think of my work in progress?

I used Scrapbook Factory Jodi Very Happy Any kind of graphics software program will do it for you though Very Happy

I am self taught & I love playing & creating with itExclamation It is very time consuming & addicting though Laughing

I think you are off to a great startVery Happy I'm (as you can see) a very visual person, so my eyes automatically look for pictures that I can associate with the words... If I see just a bunch of words, then personally I tend to just skim through maybe faster then I should~ but that is just meEmbarassed

You have a lot of great information & I love your slide show Wink

~christine marieCool

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 4:07 PM - Response #14

Thank you so much for signing me onto your site. It's so fun to browse around your high school!!

Betsy

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM - Response #15

Thank you again for the info....

Betsy

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM - Response #16

My favourite is Google Analytics.
You're not gonna have a counter on your site tallying visits, but if you're ever really interested in all of the indepth stats that your site creates, this is the one.
I can't wait till the end of the day to see how many individual visitors came to the site, where in the world they logged on from, how long each spent on the site on avg., etc, which of your pages was the most popular, etc.
The setup for this is already on your statistics page. Just open an account with Google Analytics, get the html code and paste it to your Stats page.

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM - Response #17

I would love to be added as a guest! Thank you! You have lots of great ideas and it's always fun checking out other sites. I'm glad folks are willing to share!

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM - Response #18

I enjoy your site, I would love to be a guest for brief amount of time. Thank you
Dena Cullen Sparks

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:27 AM - Response #19

Claudia Hulbert wrote:

I would love to be added as a guest! Thank you! You have lots of great ideas and it's always fun checking out other sites. I'm glad folks are willing to share!

ok Claudia, I set you up as a guest Wink have fun Very Happy

~christine marieCool

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:28 AM - Response #20

Dena Sparks wrote:

I enjoy your site, I would love to be a guest for brief amount of time. Thank you
Dena Cullen Sparks

Hey Dena, You're signed up too ! Wink have fun Very Happy

~christine marieCool

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 10:40 PM - Response #21

my people are coming Very Happy yah!

so I'm going to keep all admin guests until the end of March Very Happy you guys should have plenty of time to run around my reunion site by thenWink

any more takers for a guest on my site ~ just let me know Wink

~christine marie Cool

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #22

Hi!

If it's not too late, I'd appreciate the opportunity to be a guest for awhile. I've not been to your site, but all these affirmations have my curiosity up.

I'm not very good at this and such a novice, so any opportunity to learn would be welcome. Thanks, N

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 1:56 AM - Response #23

Nancee Lougheed wrote:

Hi!

If it's not too late, I'd appreciate the opportunity to be a guest for awhile. I've not been to your site, but all these affirmations have my curiosity up.

I'm not very good at this and such a novice, so any opportunity to learn would be welcome. Thanks, N

no problem Nancee Wink

I added you ~ all you have to do is log on Exclamation enjoy ~ let me know what you think Very Happy

~christine marie Cool

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM - Response #24

Don Armstrong wrote:

My favourite is Google Analytics.
You're not gonna have a counter on your site tallying visits, but if you're ever really interested in all of the indepth stats that your site creates, this is the one.
I can't wait till the end of the day to see how many individual visitors came to the site, where in the world they logged on from, how long each spent on the site on avg., etc, which of your pages was the most popular, etc.
The setup for this is already on your statistics page. Just open an account with Google Analytics, get the html code and paste it to your Stats page.

Hi,

I'm confused: I pasted my Analytic's code in the prepared box on the PREFERENCES PAGE, not the Statistics page.

In order to view the Google Analytics, I have to go to my gmail account.

Is there a way to have it show on the Statistics page??

ALSO: DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING ALL THAT DATA? I mean, it sounds great - the things you can learn -but it is very difficult for me to understand and process. Just wondering.

Thanks, N

Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM - Response #25

1) Yes, you have to log into Google Analytics to view your Analytics data. Your built in Statistics page is a completely separate thing that we provide.

2) Google Analytics is one of the most advanced tracking mechanisms out there. As a result, yup, it can be hard to wrap your brain around all of it. If you really want to get into understanding everythign I'd start with a page like this one. There are also entire books you can buy just on Analytics and how to use/understand it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.