ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Block one persons email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/30/11 08:10 PM Views: 1600 Replies: 9
Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I have a request to be able to block just one persons email. This person is harassing this person. This may be a person that will be leaving our site because of this. i do not want to see this happen. Any help on this?????

Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM - Response #1

Bruce,

You own the site. Give a warning to the classmate that if they continue with the abuse, you will delete them from the website. If they don't comply, delete them.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM - Response #2

Kyle is right....I had to delete someone for inapropriate content on a profile.
You own the website..tell this person to stop..or s/he will be banned from the site! We all hate to do that..but if you don't..it will get passed around the site..and you could lose some of your classmates.
Kyle Erickson wrote:

Bruce,

You own the site. Give a warning to the classmate that if they continue with the abuse, you will delete them from the website. If they don't comply, delete them.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM - Response #3

I have this on my home page:
--------------------------
This site isn’t about waistlines, hairlines or credit lines.
It’s about lifelines.
It’s about reconnecting with our friends from
some of the best years of our lives -
It's about caring for our classmates and their families !

Nothing more,
Nothing less.
-----------------------
I agree - one warning, letting them know they will be denied access to the site if their 'undesirable' behavior continues.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 10:45 PM - Response #4

On my Home Page under classmates are two names that are not in our class or a teacher/guest. Can anyone just go in and sign up? The names are John Kanitz and Mary Reynoelds (Smith).
Gary

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7:58 PM - Response #5

It is a tough decision to make, Bruce. I had to remove someone two years ago. I emailed the class and, without naming names, said what the situation was and asked how they thought I should handle it. That way, they understand that their opinions matter. I was overwhelmed with support for the individual's removal. I'm sure that you want it to be a pleasant, fun site for your classmates to visit. It is your site and, ultimately, you will be remembered for having to make decisions that no one else wants to. Best of luck.
Tam

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM - Response #6

Gary,

Those two people are the EXAMPLE CLASSMATES. If you didn't delete them when you uploaded your classmates, they are still in your system.

I did a classcreator e-mail search and John Kanitz is found in 76 ClassCreator websites and Mary Reynolds is found in 66 ClassCreator websites.

So Gary, you aren't the only one who forgot to remove the example classmates when you uploaded your class list.

You can just delete these two "classmates".

However, we do recommend that you use PREFERENCES, New Classmate Verification if you are having a hijacking problem where people are assuming other classmates on your website.

Gary Smith wrote:

On my Home Page under classmates are two names that are not in our class or a teacher/guest. Can anyone just go in and sign up? The names are John Kanitz and Mary Reynoelds (Smith).
Gary

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM - Response #7

Thanks Kyle, I deleted these two. We haven't had any problems with hijacking, but I still went into PREFERENCES and checked DO NOT ALLOW.
Thanks again for your HELP.
Gary

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM - Response #8

I totally agree with Kyle and Darlene, Bruce. I had a real problem with one classmate and had to delete their access for inappropriate profile content. Frankly, I think if you actually have any proof at all of the actual abuse and it is entirely inappropriate I'd just remove the offending classmate and let them know why you did it. As others have said here -- it's your site, you own it, you control it. Elaine

Edited 01/31/11 10:45 PM
Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM - Response #9

Now I have had an instance where I considered deleting someone. It passed and we are all a happy family now as far as I know.

But, this is what I thought about as I considered the deletion. After deleting, if they promise to be a good boy/girl and mind their manners, do you give them a second chance?

Thinking way too much today...

Margaret

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.