ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

singles connection

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/16/09 09:48 AM Views: 1266 Replies: 6
Monday, February 16, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Trying to start a SINGLES CONNECTION for the alumni......any suggestions?

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

That's a tough one. The only thing I can think of that could work would be to create a Survey. Set the results to viewable by all Classmates. Ask your single Classmates to complete the survey, and on your survey itself ask "eharmonyish" questions. This way singles could view all results and scan for people with similar interests, etc.

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM - Response #2

I tried that , and it just didn't come out too well. I am going to try the singles ad type of system. Have them fill out some questions, and I will post their answers as they come in. Would you take a look at what I have? Got a brave soul to start it.
dawn
Let me know what you think.
http://www.louispastuerjhs67.com/class_custom4.cfm

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM - Response #3

Looks great. Although personally I'd use the Survey Maker to ask those questions so people can just type their answers in and quickly submit.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #4

What about a question in the profile: marital status, or single? married?, which would place an icon next to their name in the profile list? I've had a classmate ask me to somehow add a singles section.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM - Response #5

You can of course add those questions to your Profiles now using your Profile Generator feature. They won't trigger any icons though, but at least the information would be displayed in each Profile. In another thread we came up with a custom icon system we'll be adding in the future, but, unfortunately it's a low priority task and we won't be doing that until numerous other new features we'll be working on in the coming months have been added.

Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM - Response #6

Dawn - Did you ever come up with a way to add a singles connection to your site? I'm thinking maybe an email blast, but then how do the interested single classmates find each other?

Betsy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.