ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sharing Profile addresses and phone #s

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/29/13 09:55 PM Views: 831 Replies: 5
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM

How can classmates show their addresses and phone numbers when someone (another classmate) views their profile? I can't find the setting.

Thanks

Ted

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM - Response #1

That is no longer an option. I'll try to find the thread where this was discussed.

Here it is, http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=369E2F91-1422-725F-3CB6EAF1BE359456#369E2F91-1422-725F-3CB6EAF1BE359456

Edited 05/29/13 10:53 PM
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick reply. We are creating a directory of all the classmate profiles, addresses, etc. and plan on making that available for download by the classmates. It was simple to create using the information on the website and merging that information into the format we wanted.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM - Response #3

I believe any admin who had 'Edit Classmates' rights can download all of that info to an Excel spreadsheet, and then edit accordingly, but I would be sure that classmates don't mind their info being shared with everyone on the site.
Keep in mind also, that you may have guests or allowed others to know your site password and they will maybe be able to download that document as well.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM - Response #4

Hi Ted,

I'm sure you have read the thread by now. I was discussing this recently and feel it is a good idea to add a question to the Profile Generator then ASK your classmates to return and answer that question, Phrase your question per what you wish to include then give two answers:
- Yes, please share my address, phone number... in the reunion directory.
- No, do not share my information in the directory.

Due to privacy issues in today's world, it is best to do this rather than face what could happen later. You will need to contact those not on the site, as well. If someone does not answer the question, I would not include their info.

It is unfortunate that we have these issues. I have a classmate who has had his identity stolen twice, which is why I would err on the side of caution.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM - Response #5

Whoa, since when does the system password allow anyone see anything that is admin only? Huh? Okay, I am off to test that on TAP. I'll be back....

Okay, the answer is NO. Giving someone the system password does not allow them to answer a survey or see any Admin Functions. Whew! You had me scared for a minute!

Edited 05/30/13 1:13 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.