ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

original profiles

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/28/08 04:05 PM Views: 2063 Replies: 12
Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM

do we have access to any statistical information to show when a classmate originally joined? If not (can we?) and could it be put maybe in the profile where others can see it? (and it would be listed on the spreadsheet?)

Edited 12/28/08 4:06 PM
Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM - Response #1

I have the "new classmate notification" emails in a folder which show when each person joined. Is this what you have in mind? Are you looking for the profile info they originally put on? Tam

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

I built a file in my email for these notifications too. However, there was a period that notifications were not being received. But, no, this is not what I meant.

I meant is there a way to have the system 'automatically' put that the classmate "joined XX-XX-XXXX" actually IN the profile, below their name or someplace where everyone can see it. Since 'excel' is the print-off form, this could also automatically produce a column there to show when they joined.

(does this make better sense?) LOL

Edited 12/29/08 11:46 AM
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM - Response #3

I wasn't sure if that's what you meant or not. I do like that idea too about displaying when folks joined. Maybe Brad and Company can add it to their ever-growing list. Tam

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 4:53 PM - Response #4

But wait, my New Year's Resolution is to SHRINK the Task List, not GROW it! Geez! Where do you suggest we put this joined date?

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 5:04 PM - Response #5

Calm down! See what happens when you spend your holidays in the middle of nowhere!

Can I suggest that we could add it to the profile generator questions? The only difference would be that we, the administrators, fill in that blank. I think this would make less work for Brad. What do you think? Tam

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM - Response #6

Oh I was only kiddin'. Smile That's my typical daily sarcasm -- but then I guess you only see what I type so it doesn't always come through. Seriously, where should we put it?

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 5:30 PM - Response #7

Seriously, I think it would be good as question number one on the profile generator. Any other ideas? Tam

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 5:36 PM - Response #8

Everything in Profile Generator is seen by the Classmate. It wouldn't make sense to be a field, because it's a date we already have stored in the system. We just don't display it anywhere. All we'd have to do is display it somewhere. I'm just wondering where you guys would like to see it.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 6:10 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

Everything in Profile Generator is seen by the Classmate. It wouldn't make sense to be a field, because it's a date we already have stored in the system. We just don't display it anywhere. All we'd have to do is display it somewhere. I'm just wondering where you guys would like to see it.

How about displaying the date before the "Last Updated:" field, "First Logged In:" or something like that.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM - Response #10

Do you think this is relevant information for the Classmate to see? I was thinking we'd put it somewhere only for Administrators.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM - Response #11

I'd go for admins only. And I do like the idea of having the info.
Curly Harman

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM - Response #12

Yes, I'd like to have it where other classmates can see how long someone has already been a member, and so that it's a field that prints out on the Excel sheet, if possible.
p.s. That way if another joins or is already established and sees the date, maybe they can 'spur' a friend to get active.

Didn't mean to add to the task list.

Have a 'safe' New Years Eve and a Happy New Year.

Thanks!!

Edited 12/31/08 11:20 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.