ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password-Protecting individual Photo Galleries

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/16/11 02:24 PM Views: 1164 Replies: 2
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I have a link on my home page to a photo gallery. I've password-protected the "Photo Gallery Navigation Link" (the umbrella page that contains the photo gallery) but the link to the photo gallery itself from the home page still seems to work for non-signed in persons. What am I doing wrong?

The link is in the "What's New" section and under March 15, 2011 and labeled "direct link".

Jim

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM - Response #1

Jim,

You aren't doing anything wrong. The "Password Protect" isn't on a per-gallery, it is on a per-left side link. So to correct this issue, you would need to create a new left-side link, then associate this gallery to that left-side link OR create the content in the left-side link using the content editor. Then password protect that link. Even if that link is not active, if someone goes to that page, it will require a password.

There is no way to password protect a gallery because the gallery belongs on a left-side link

Hope I explained it enough to understand.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM - Response #2

OK Kyle, I think I got it and it seems to be working.

I created a dedicated Photo Gallery Navigation Link just for the material I wanted to be password protected. In the "Instructions" edit box I put all the content (the material that I wanted password protected). It seems I also needed to create a dummy (empty) photo gallery to include in the link just so the "instructions" (real content) pertained to something. It also seems that I needed to give this dummy Photo Gallery the name I wanted to show up at the top of (i.e., the label for) the "instructions".

I activated both the Photo Gallery Navigation Link and the dummy Photo Gallery. Then, after I had acquired and pasted the hyper links to the Photo Gallery Navigation Link, not the dummy Photo Gallery, I went into the conventional "Edit Site Pages" page and password protected the Photo Gallery Navigation Link and (since I had already got the hyperlinks and didn't want it to show in the left-hand navigation panel) I unchecked the box that activated this Photo Gallery Navigation Link.

Seems to work fine now. Thank you for your help.

Jim

Edited 03/17/11 1:25 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.