ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Generator Confusion

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/07/12 03:26 PM Views: 1440 Replies: 9
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I am trying to set up classmate profiles using the Profile Generator. I deactivated the questions I don't want to be answered. I kept some default questions and I want to add additional questions. I hit "add question" and enter the question. A box appears that says "Add answer for question 5". When I hit save profile it tells me I have to go back and answer question 5. I thought this was just a template for all classmates to use. Nonetheless I go back and enter my own personal answer and then I can SAVE PROFILE. I got a friend to login and check it out. She says the classmate profile comes up with all my answers. She does not see how to enter HER answers. I'm thoroughly confused and frustrated. Can someone give me step by step details on how to set up the classmate profile questions? PLEASE.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM - Response #1

Sherri,

What are you expecting for you "Significant other?" question? Are you wanting them to type a "Yes" or "no" or are you wanting them to type the name or are you wanting them to choose from a couple of options?

If you are wanting a name, you would change the "Answer Type" from "Radio Button" to either "Text (Single line)" or "Comment Box", depending upon how much information you want.

If you are wanting a simple YES or NO question, you should keep the "Answer Type" to be Radio Buttons and add two answers "Yes" and "No". You currently only have one answer and that is "STILL LOOKING - referrals appreciated" and everyone must choose that to answer the question.

The key to the Profile Generator is the "Answer Type" drop-down. It is what type of answers you want. Make sure that is appropriate and your problems will go away.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
Sounds like she needs a really needs step by step instructions.
Sounds to me like she thinks she has to save the profile every time she creates a question ..she needs to create the question and the appropriate answer option..then keep going..and not try to save the profile question after each addition.WinkWink
Kyle Erickson wrote:

Sherri,

What are you expecting for you "Significant other?" question? Are you wanting them to type a "Yes" or "no" or are you wanting them to type the name or are you wanting them to choose from a couple of options?

If you are wanting a name, you would change the "Answer Type" from "Radio Button" to either "Text (Single line)" or "Comment Box", depending upon how much information you want.

If you are wanting a simple YES or NO question, you should keep the "Answer Type" to be Radio Buttons and add two answers "Yes" and "No". You currently only have one answer and that is "STILL LOOKING - referrals appreciated" and everyone must choose that to answer the question.

The key to the Profile Generator is the "Answer Type" drop-down. It is what type of answers you want. Make sure that is appropriate and your problems will go away.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM - Response #3

Part of the new ClassCreator 3.0 will be a new Profile Generator (also used for Survey Maker and Reunion Planner). It will be a lot simpler and you won't need to press the UPDATE button after every change.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM - Response #4

thanx for the update Kyle!!!
Changing the subject..have you guys figured out why people become invisible in chat sometimes???

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Part of the new ClassCreator 3.0 will be a new Profile Generator (also used for Survey Maker and Reunion Planner). It will be a lot simpler and you won't need to press the UPDATE button after every change.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM - Response #5

I thought it was a TEXT COLOR issue. I don't think anyone is looking into the issue because I thought it resolved itself.

Is this something you are having issues with EVERY TIME you try to chat? Is it EVERY WEBSITE or specific ones?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM - Response #6

It not a text color issue..It happens very often to not only me but other admins..in TAPS and the other one John ChiDister use to have.
We go invisible. I accessed the chat on both my desktop puters & had the same result. I updated my flash..dumped my cache...re-booted my firefox browser..even rebooted my puter and it was still there. I do think it has something to do with changing the color of our default font..I really don't think it's the users problem I think It's on CC's end.
Kyle Erickson wrote:

I thought it was a TEXT COLOR issue. I don't think anyone is looking into the issue because I thought it resolved itself.

Is this something you are having issues with EVERY TIME you try to chat? Is it EVERY WEBSITE or specific ones?

Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM - Response #7

What is the correct answer type to have the drop down box where they can choose a number? I was trying to update the reunion registration in the reunion planner and was having the same problem when I tried to add a number for the attendance on a second night. Also had issues with getting them to appear in the order I wanted even after using the arrows to the left.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM - Response #8

LaVerne,

You could use the text entry OR you could create a DROP-DOWN list. After you choose Drop-Down, you would then click the UPDATE button, then add an answer, "1", then UPDATE, then Add Answer, then "2", then Update, etc.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM - Response #9

Is this problem still occurring?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.