ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Removing Videos/Videos Desc from profile page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/28/08 01:26 PM Views: 1723 Replies: 4
Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I would like to remove the option of adding videos and video descriptions from the profile page. When I use profile generator to select what I want to display, videos does not show up in the list. Does anyone know how to take those questions off? Thanks.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 3:14 AM - Response #1

There's a Task in to add that to Profile Generator. When done you'll be able to reorder the video area, or deactivate it if you want to. Just curious, why do you want to remove Classmates' ability to post videos?

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 9:22 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad, for the information. Why do I want to remove it? Well most of my classmates are not very computer savy and would not use it anyway. Also, I prefer uncluttered web pages without lots of "glitz". Sometimes I think administrators get "featuritis".

I know it doesn't hurt to have it there for those who might want to take advantage of the feature, so it's not a big deal to me. I have not opened the site up to the class yet. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised at the response.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM - Response #3

I'm hoping you leave the "choice" there and you might even be pleasantly surprised and share some chuckles.
To me, I tell my classmates that this is THEIR site that was created for THEIR usage and ideas.
The cluttered pages will be 'their' pages and they do not appear on the homepage. You do have control of that.
Another thought too. Maybe classmates are not computer savvy, but their grandkids, friends and neighbors could be (for their assistance).
Maybe, too, I should not have piped up on this issue, but felt it was important enough for a general opinion (and certainly hope it doesn't sound stuffy as it sure wasn't meant to be) Very Happy

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 12:47 PM - Response #4

Sandi,
Thanks so much for your input. I do intend to leave the video feature on and see what happens. My primary purpose for the site it to give information about our upcoming reunion. I guess I'll see how it evolves beyond that.

Joyce

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.