ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Credit Card refund made to the credit card company directly ?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/29/18 12:59 PM Views: 687 Replies: 4
Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 12:59 PM

I know what the obvious answer is, but I want to verify just to be sure - or be corrected.

I issued a refund to a Classmate who had purchased a ticket with a credit card. When Class Creator processes the refund, how long does it take until I can send the classmate a check? I'm assuming that the $$ is refunded to our back account and not to the credit card company used to purchase his ticket. Right?

Edited 09/29/18 1:02 PM
Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 1:48 PM - Response #1

Credit Card "Credits" always go back to the original purchaser's credit card, not back to your account.

CC will issue the credit back to the Credit Card company by transferring the request directly to them. The reverse of the original transaction. [Actually the processing Company used by CC, not CC itself.]

This is not a CC choice but banking rules. Usually takes a bank 3 business days (weekends do not count) but could be a week.

IOW, the Classmate will see a credit directly on their account and your bank account should be debited by CC processor. Think of your account as if it's a merchant they bought from.

Monday, October 1, 2018 at 2:01 PM - Response #2

Correct. You will NOT need to issue any check back to the classmate as the funds will be send from any balance you have in your account with us. If you do not have the funds available for a refund, then a check must be sent to us first before you can process the refund for your member.

Friday, September 17, 2021 at 2:29 PM - Response #3

How is this done. I gave them a credit but thy have not received it

Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 1:20 AM - Response #4

Credits can take several business days to appear. This varies by the receiving financial institution. It batches out of our system the same day you issue the refund back to their card. The longest I've seen this process take is 5-7 business days although it typically shows up sooner.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.