ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Member Forum Question on Prefs...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/11 12:28 PM Views: 1128 Replies: 3
Friday, September 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Quick question. Is there a way I can turn off the high school photos from appearing when someone posts something in the Member Forum? I would rather have the name link appear only.

Thanks!

Mike

Friday, September 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM - Response #1

Hi Michael,

Classmates can click on "My Settings" in the forum navigation bar, and on that page they can select "None" in the "Forum Photo" section.

There is no global setting for admins to turn this off for all their classmates.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 2:25 PM - Response #2

So you can't turn off the photo feature in the Member forum? There are 2 forums, correct? I turned off the Alumni forum (the bigger forum) but can't seem to turn off the high school photo in the Member forum (the quick message forum). Anybody have any answers?

Thanks!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM - Response #3

Hi Mike,

I'm not certain that I understand what you're asking, because I can't think of a reason to eliminate classmate pictures from the forum, but I'll give your question a shot anyway.

A number of my classmates had difficulty uploading current pictures to their profiles, so I did it for them. Then I clicked on the option to make their current picture, rather than their yearbook photo, show up in the forums. I'm thinking you could upload a picture of your school mascot, or even a blank file, to the profiles of classmates who participate in the forum. Then check the box to make that picture be the one that shows up in the forums.

Of course, they are going to be able to over-ride your decision, if they don't like your choice, but it's a thought.

Now if you're saying, "this would work, but I've got too many people posting in the forums to make the changes for each of them", please tell us what you're doing! I sure would like to find a way to get more participation there! Laughing

Good luck!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.