ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/16/11 12:25 PM Views: 1253 Replies: 4
Friday, September 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM

When a classmate or admin creates a REGISTRATION, the address information from the classmates record is pulled into the registration. If the classmate enters different information: name, email, address, phone, etc than we have on file:
1. Does it back feed to the classmate record? I dont think so but wanted to ask.
2. Could it?
3. Could the system at least send an email to the admin that different contact information was entered on the REGISTRATION than is on file.

Friday, September 16, 2011 at 1:31 PM - Response #1

Hi Charlie,

1. No, reunion registration information does not alter classmate contact information.

2. No. Registration contact information is asked specifically because the billing address information may be different from the contact information the classmate prefers to have used for their site related contacts. It would be a mark of poor design to alter general information a user has entered with purpose-specific information entered later.

3. Admins are notified when a registration is processed. It follows logically from #2 above that if the classmate enters necessary information for the payment processing that differs from their preferred general contact information there is no particular cause for concern, ergo no specific notification of the fact is made.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 8:54 AM - Response #2

If you want to talk design - then the CLASSMATE should be shown what information we have in his CONTACT information and give him the opportunity to update it as a part of registration. We spend a lot of time asking the classmate to update their profile but not much on updating contact info.

I think the registration should have both addresses as most websites do (physical and billing). As an experienced CLASSMATE TRACKER DOWNER - I can tell you that that you should never miss an opportunity to validate/update contact information.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM - Response #3

As an experienced database developer, I absolutely agree with you about updating contact information.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 12:23 PM - Response #4

While at first glance that sounds great, there is one little problem that can come up. What if the classmate removes "contact" information or makes a mistake (typos are very common)?

The original concept of isolating admin info from classmate info is a good one. You can make a "classmate updated" section or specific additional info for registration, but I would not desire a direct classmate editing of our own contact info.

There's always going to be a bit of manual maintenance. Having too much info is better than no info.Wink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.