ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

IM Chat

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/05/10 06:38 PM Views: 1565 Replies: 11
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I just went from free status to subscription and am intrigued in the IM Chat. Can someone tell me what I need to do to add this to my site. I read what I could find on this forum, but I am still confused. Do I now have those capabilities?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM - Response #1

Sharon,

Go to EDIT SITE PAGES and you will see a "Live Chat". To activate it, just put a check-box in the ACTIVE column.

Go to PREFERENCES, scroll down to this section:
INSTANT MESSAGING

Allow Classmates to send Instant Messages to each other through the web site.

and check the box to activate IM.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 9:32 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

Thanks for the help. I now have "Live Chat." Now if I could just figure out how to make it work. I called a classmate and had her get on line. Both of our names were visible. I clicked on her name and Live chat and the screen popped up. For some reason she then disappeared from the screen, and I disappeared from her screen. Even though we were both on line we were unable to chat. When I would send her a message, I could see it, but she couldn't. The same thing would happen when she sent me a message. What did we do wrong?

Sharon

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 10:32 PM - Response #3

Here are a few suggestions to try....

Try using the Live Chat without the Instant Message feature to start with. (turn it off from the PREFERENCES page). Then give your classmate a call and see if it works for you. If it does work normal, then you might have some incompatibilities with the Instant Messaging program.

It has been reported here that Internet Explorer doesn't work well with the Instant Messaging system. What browser are you using? If you have another browser on your computer (and your classmate's computer), does it work with that browser?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM - Response #4

Kyle,
My instant message bar is missing. It was working the other day.
I can't find it in my preferences
help please
zemandemon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM - Response #5

I just looked and it is there. Please look again.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM - Response #6

Still not showing up on my end. I'm going to reload page to see if that makes a difference

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Response #7

Still not there after reloading, emptying cache and refreshing

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM - Response #8

which website are you talking about? gohardingrams1960.com?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM - Response #9

hardinghighschoolalumni.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM - Response #10

answered in CONTACT US message.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM - Response #11

Not sure why there may be an incompatibility between Live Chat and the IM feature. We use both every Wednesday eve during Chat on TAP. Then again, I used Firefox for all my sites. Kyle is probably right that IE has the quirk.

Sharon, is it working for you now?

I'll be in Chat on TAP this evening. Feel free to join us there, Sharon. www.theadminsplace.com

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.