ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Action?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/28/10 08:32 AM Views: 2032 Replies: 9
Monday, June 28, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Has anyone else received an e-mail about a class action suit against Classmates' website? It seems to apply to people who paid for a Gold membership in certain circumstances.

Is this legit? Anyone know?

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM - Response #1

I have not. Please provide the date the info was received, and what is the class action about.

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM - Response #2

I also received the notification, but I had never signed up with them for anything. I had visited their site a couple of years ago however. Therefore, I gathered it must have been sent to anyone whose e-mail they had obtained in the past.

This will explain it: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/03/classmates-privacy/

Edited 06/28/10 9:47 AM
Monday, June 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM - Response #3

Just a note here, this is "Classmates.com", not "ClassCreator.com"

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM - Response #4

Absolutely this is Classmates.com and NOT Classcreator.com

I did some more research and apparently it is legit. I found this article
Magazine Article

Looks like not much ($2) and you need the e-mail to put a claim in because there is a claim # listed. Each one is different (?). I had two accunts - one for my husband and one for me. We each received an e-mail with different claims #s.

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM - Response #5

I received one. I read it over several times, and if I remember correctly, if the lawsuit is won and you renew your membership, you will get $2 or $3 off your next membership. Somehow, I'm guessing everyone will WIN!!! (advertising gimmick)

I don't know about you, but I won't pay for another Gold Membership with Classmates if the price is $3.01 and I can use my $3.00 coupon.

Class Creator rocks!!!

Edited 06/28/10 11:57 AM
Monday, June 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM - Response #6

I'm in agreement 110%. I think it says you can either get $3 refunded OR $2 credit toward next membership. What the heck! $3 is better in my pocket than theirs.

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM - Response #7

I also received the info. I have renewed my membership for another year because I have actually located several classmates through them.

Monday, June 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM - Response #8

The BIG question is will you live long enough to receive the money. I used to sign up for those things but the Levi Jeans was my last one. Took them close to 20 years to settle and all the extra paperwork I had to fill out wasn't worth it in the end.

They are telling $3 now, but it could be 50 cents or $100 when it is finally settled.

Enjoy your riches!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM - Response #9

Those class action suits are a rip-off -- unless you're an attorney who manages the class. The people who were 'wronged' always get a 'discount' or a coupon or an extension or something of little value to them. The attorneys get the millions.

(Sorry if I've offended any attorneys in here.)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.