ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Live Chat

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/10 10:58 PM Views: 2075 Replies: 6
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Hi Guys, it's me again! Embarassed When you go into "Live Chat" and there is more then just you on the site, shouldn't it list their name, so you can chat with them? When I went into the site two different times today at the same time someone else was, I went into the "Live Chat" hoping to test it out and their names did not show, but they did show on the "Who's On Line Now".Confused

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 5:53 AM - Response #1

Live Chat is something members have to actively go into. You're not in the chat just by being logged in. Currently most Administrators schedule Live Chat sessions due to the hit and miss nature of finding others in the Chat Room. It will be easy to invite online members who are not in the chat room to come into the chat room when our Instant Messaging feature launches later this year.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 2:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you! Very Happy

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM - Response #3

When will live chat be available for general use from the individual websites??

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 10:13 PM - Response #4

Kevin,

It is already available on your site, you just need to activate it. Go to Edit Site Pages. The fourth one down says "Live Chat". Just check the ACTIVE check-box and you have Live Chat.

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM - Response #5

I did that. As the earlier post reported, I only saw myself signed on. Someone else who is registered on the site was logged on and I didn't see him and he only saw himself. So, something is not set-up correctly.

Kevin

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 11:08 PM - Response #6

Did you both click the LIVE CHAT link on the left side? Instant Messaging isn't available yet, so you probably need to send an e-mail to whoever you want chat with. If a classmate is on the website, but NOT in the LIVE CHAT, they cannot participate in the chat until they enter the Chat Room.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.