ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Facebook link in profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/20/10 04:25 PM Views: 1493 Replies: 4
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I tried to add a question to the profile that would allow classmates/teachers to put their Facebook link into their profile.

How do I make it show as a link like the Homepage field and not just text?

Cheryl

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM - Response #1

You can't, because that field's just an ASCII text field. You can't do it in an automated way, at least. You or the Classmate can enter the link as an actual hyperlink though, which will work fine. A takes a little code although the code is super simple. Here's how to do it.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 8:08 PM - Response #2

I'm not certain what the original default heading, question or prompt was, there was a default profile field called "Homepage" I think.

Classmates may put their Facebook profile address there and they will show as a clickable link (without the hyperlink HTML tags being required -- Brad and gang can verify that).

You can actually put several website addresses in that field by putting commas in between.

Edited 03/20/10 8:09 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM - Response #3

Allen, what an easy fix. I just renamed the "Homepage" question to "Web Page/Facebook Page:" and it works beautifully.

Thank you,
Cheryl

Edited 03/20/10 8:18 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM - Response #4

Hey that's a good idea. Smile As you can see, we had the homepage field set to recognize links and auto make them clickable.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.