ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Passed Away; keep Acct for Wife?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/05/11 10:43 AM Views: 971 Replies: 4
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM

One of my classmates passed away last night. He has not been the computer user on his Class Website registration, all taken care of by his Wife. Richard was Class of 1960, while Vanda is Class of 1961.

There are HUGE condolences traffic coming in on a Message for the Class of 1960, that I want Vanda to be able to see about her Husband.

My question, I suspect that when I put the Classmate in to "In Memory" that the registration for him, used by his wife, will become Not Accessible?

Is there a Best Way for me to move Richard in to In Memory, but keep the LogIn for him (used by his wife) available for awhile? I placed him in to In Memory last night, then this morning pulled from there, as it is very important that his wife see the messages they are receiving.

How is this best handled? By the way, Vanda also has her OWN registration on my other Class of 1961. I suspect I might need to make her Guest on 1960 for awhile, but now is not the time to ask her these things.

BTW, this seems the perfect circumstance that the Future Alumni Page would help immensely. The deceased classmates wife could still keep in contact from her own Class of 1961 website link.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Derrell,

The the classmate had an existing login when you move them to In Memory their login will still work. We have had similar scenarios in the past where family members continued to login to the site to receive messages.

If you add her as a guest then they can direct the messages to her so I would still recommend that if they would like to have their name appear on the list for individuals to respond to.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM - Response #2

Thank you Jessica. Again I apologize for ‘both’ email and forum. That sounds like a GREAT foresight on ClassCreator. So, sounds as though, she ONLY loses ability to send and receive personal messages. I can handle that, just glad she can still log into see what is happening.

Since she can’t Send Messages, can she actually though go to Message Center (using her husband’s normal account) and view or respond to that message? It was emailed by me, in this circumstance, to about 45 people. Getting some WONDERFUL words for her.

If she can do all of above, then in a few days I can ask her if she would like to register as Guest….

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM - Response #3

I entered a test account on one of our tests sites and was able to login and view messages even after the change to In Memory.

The reason I recommended a guest account is that some classmates may prefer to send messages directly to her under her name after that change.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 at 2:39 PM - Response #4

Kewl! Thank you Jessica. Yes, I understood the Guest Account, as I have already proposed to the lady. I am sure she will want to sent personal emails.

And our small HS now has on ClassCReator for years of 59 thru 61, a pretty "tight" group of classmates.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.