ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Name Caps

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/12 09:18 AM Views: 1168 Replies: 4
Friday, March 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM

This seemed like a no brainer, but.......I'm just not seeing the right area to correct it.
I have one classmate who's name displays with the last name in all caps (McLAUGHLIN). His first name comes up with first letter cap and the rest lower case.
I checked his details and profile and and they look like all of the others.
I don't know if this was an admin entry error or if it was an entry he made.

Edited 03/23/12 9:26 AM
Friday, March 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM - Response #1

Hi Gary,

My bet is that you uploaded the class list in all caps. For some reason, the code on our site displays first names in title case, but not last names. In order to set the display properly, each classmate's details page will have to be edited to change the case of the name.

Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM - Response #2

Gary, I have an entire class on my alumni site that needs to have each name re-typed. I've put it on the back burner in hopes of finding an alum from that class who doesn't want to do much but is willing to do something. Smile

Happy typing.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM - Response #3

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the response.

I thought that might be the case also as I did upload them in caps.

However, what threw me off was that almost everyone is listed in caps in their Details, but their Update and Birthday displays are "Proper" case.

His is the only one that his first name was "Proper" but his last name was all Caps.
You must've corrected it and thank you for that.

Gwen,

If you download your names into an Excel spreadsheet, you should be able to change all of the "Caps" in a given column or columns or everything on the sheet to "Proper" case all at one time.
Saves a lot of time and finger strain. (I guess I should do it too.....dah)
But, I'm sure you knew that anyway.

Thanks to both of you,
Gary

Edited 03/24/12 4:37 PM
Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM - Response #4

Click on Manage Classmates, go to the individuals name click on Detail and change the Last Name with no Caps after the first letter and save

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.