ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donations Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/13/16 04:18 PM Views: 1098 Replies: 6
Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM

I have not used this function yet but probably will shortly - taking payments via Paypal or checks. My question: Is it possible to set it up with an option of recurring payments (say monthly) in addition to the one time? Thanks.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

PayPal can do that - not sure it could be done via CC since it has to come from your "business".

Here's the PayPal LINK

and here's how to do it PayPal details

Looks simple Smile

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:56 PM - Response #2

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

PayPal can do that - not sure it could be done via CC since it has to come from your "business".

Here's the PayPal LINK

and here's how to do it PayPal details

Looks simple Smile

Thanks Jack. I had been hunting around Paypal and had not come upon your second link yet. So it seems that first I'd need a Paypal Business Account. The you'd use the CC Donation Manager, set the preferences to Paypal and then use Paypal's Donations button on the CC page you create. Does that sound right to you?

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM - Response #3

Yes you need a Business account (as you do for the other PayPal in Event Planner now).

It reads to me that you create your own page using the PayPal instructions (second link). CC stuff is meant for one time things.

Let us know if it works. That would be very cool and useful. I've never done it.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:41 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Let us know if it works. That would be very cool and useful. I've never done it.

Will do.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM - Response #5

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Quick update Jack. A few things that have come up. First, if you use the Donate button/function and you are not a verified 501 (c)(3) (charity), you must demonstrate how donations will be used once you raise more than $10K. In our case this applies as we will be collecting money to pay down a mortgage.

Second - as I was following the step-by-step directions and testing the code, I noticed that at payment time even if you said you wanted to pay by credit/debit, a Paypal account is required. So you are forced to either log in to your account or create a new one - even though paying by CC. I spoke with PP and they said that right now that is a requirement for recurring subscriptions. There is an option to go through the Sales Dept and add an enhanced benefit allowing you to do this for both PP and non-PP people. There is a charge ranging between $5 and $19.99/mo for this.

I'm not sure which way my group is going yet. I'll keep you posted. The actual step-by-step was easy enough to follow Laughing

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM - Response #6

thanks for the update

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.