ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Hidden text

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/12 12:19 PM Views: 1439 Replies: 7
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I recently stumbled upon a page on our local school district web site that had several FAQ's, and to see the answer, you simply clicked the question, and the answer appeared under the question [NOT taking you to a different page] and clicking the question again, the answer went away.
This would be a tremendous tool to have at our disposal.
Can we do this in Class Creator?

here is the page:
http://www.brazosportisd.net/faq.cfm?CatID=10

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM - Response #1

I assume you are speaking of our own FAQ's page and trying to weed through all the information to find what you need. We understand that our FAQ's page is ridiculously long. We are looking at other options for this page for future updates.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM - Response #2

That would be a great thing to have. I do have a copied FAQ page..that I stole from another admin here. But I can't get it to work for me..when I click on the question..it goes to his website. I can't remember who it is..
Scott..could you look at this for me. I have the page on my site unactivated.
BTW..on another subject.
My email addy will be changing. I will have a new ISP..but the same user name. I am a platinum subscriber. Do I have to have you change the ISP?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM - Response #3

I was thinking of OUR site's page, as we have lots of FAQ's.

A tool that WE can use.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM - Response #4

Darlene,

I checked out your Custom 1 page ("How To Use This Site"). All you should need to do is Edit Site Pages, Edit "How To Use This Site", then click SOURCE button. Search for href= . This will show you all of the links in the page. If any of the links refer to the other guy's website, change it to your domain name. It should work because both YOU and the other website used Custom 1 as your "How To Use This Site" page.

I don't know the answer to your second question. Maybe you can open up a ClassCreator CONTACT US form just for that question.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM - Response #5

Thanx Kyle I will work on the how to page. I may have tried that..but maybe I got the code wrong. I made a note of it.
I will check about the ISP change later.
Kyle Erickson wrote:

Darlene,

I checked out your Custom 1 page ("How To Use This Site"). All you should need to do is Edit Site Pages, Edit "How To Use This Site", then click SOURCE button. Search for href= . This will show you all of the links in the page. If any of the links refer to the other guy's website, change it to your domain name. It should work because both YOU and the other website used Custom 1 as your "How To Use This Site" page.

I don't know the answer to your second question. Maybe you can open up a ClassCreator CONTACT US form just for that question.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM - Response #6

Scott - no, I would like to have that capability for pages I create for MY site.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM - Response #7

That capability depends on javascript and CSS, and unless you want to learn how to use those languages on your pages, such advanced design features are not available. There is no mechanism in our product to provide an interface like that unless you build it yourself. You can start by visiting http://w3schools.com and clicking through their tutorials.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.