ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How does the Inactivate Topic work in User Forums?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/06/09 02:07 PM Views: 1375 Replies: 7
Monday, April 6, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I have a few topics I thought I wanted to make Inactive and perhaps activate back for "historical" purposes :> later but once I select inactive I don't know how to activate or view.... By the Inactive selection - The help screen says "Hides the topic from all readers so it appears it has been deleted, but content is still visible to forum moderators." I'm a forum moderator but I don't know where to look... :> Thanks for any guidance! Terry

Edited 04/06/09 4:24 PM
Monday, April 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #1

Terry
I believe it's used just like an on/off switch. Similar to the active buttons on the edit site pages.
Curly

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #2

Hmmmm.... Well, only thing is - you can only see these "switches" if the topic is visible.... I can no longer see the topic, therefore, can't see any "switches" or selections related to the topic.... Once I select "Make this topic inactive" it disappears.... :> Terry

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 6:03 PM - Response #3

Terry
When I go to eadd/edit topics
then select a topic
I can go to topic moderate box
and then select make inactive
"make actice" immediately replaces "make inactive" as a choice in the same box

maybe one of your preference selections is different than what I have

Edited 04/06/09 6:03 PM
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM - Response #4

Hi Curly,
Yep, While I'm still on the screen where I just marked the topic as Inactive - it "toggles" to "Make Active" BUT if I leave the screen to look at another Forum and come back to this Forum - I no longer see the Inactive Topic and have "no clue" where to find it so I can make it active again.... :> Ah-ha... I just noticed the "inactive" topic I just "did" displayed in the "Last Post" column of the Forum - I clicked on it and "Poof" I could see it and press the Active selection.... BUT that still leaves WHERE do I find the ones that are no longer sitting in the "Last Post" column...? :>

Edited 04/07/09 12:24 AM
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM - Response #5

sounds like it's time for Brad and team to step in on this one....sorry....I thought I could help
Curly

Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM - Response #6

HELLO ClassCreators!
I'd still like to get an answer to this... Thanks! :> Terry

Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM - Response #7

I found a bug in the code for the topic list page (threads.cfm) where it would not show a topic as inactive, even if it was marked as inactive.

Regular users could still not see it but it was not apparent to the moderator that a topic was inactive. The only way you could tell is if you scrolled down and noticed that the link you clicked to make it inactive now says "Make topic active"

I think this resolves your issue. If you are a moderator/admin, you will see the topics in the topic list with the flag [Inactive] in front of the title.

Also, when viewing the topic itself, it will say Inactive as well.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.