ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal FAQ

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/08/08 08:52 AM Views: 2325 Replies: 8
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM

We would like to use PayPal for both a donation link and also on the reunion order page.

I was wondering if there was a FAQ or "how-to" in setting up an account and getting this up and running. We have a checking account at the local bank that could get the funds to but I am lost as to how to accomplish this.

Thanks...........Patrick
http://www.classcreator.com/Eau-Claire-WI-Memorial-1969

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 9:19 AM - Response #1

I set up Paypal for my reunion and it has been the best thing ever! No waiting on checks etc. .. all you do is go to Reunion planner tab or www.paypal.com, set up a business account in your classes name, give them your email address, post the email address you used under the reunion planner feature and it does it for you! You add whats for sale and how much it costs and that's pretty much it. When you are ready for your classmates to be able to purchase through your website . . turn the reunion tab "on". You won't be sorry believe me! Paypal send you a confirmation with each purchase. No worrying about bounced checks or anything either. DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE PAYPAL SERVICE FEE TO THE COST OF YOUR TICKETS! They deduct that right away from the amount received from each of your classmates. Good luck!

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM - Response #2

Dead on Jeryl. Smile

Regarding setting up a separate donation link:

1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click the Merchant Services tab
3. Under the "Create Buttons" options choose "Buy Now"
4. Set up your button and copy your source code to your clipboard
5. Log into your Class Creator web site
6. Go into edit mode for the page you want to put the button on
7. Click the Source button in the upper left corner
8. Paste your PayPal button code
9. Save your page
10. Preview your page live to see your new PayPal donate button on your page.

Voila, you can now take donations via PayPal.

Edited 11/08/08 8:41 PM
Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:24 AM - Response #3

Brad
Do I need a Personal or Premier account? I could set one up under the email address that I use for this site so it is kept separate from my personal accounts.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:57 AM - Response #4

You need to set it up as a business account not a personal one. . .then call them and explain it is a class reunion (non-profit) so that it is not shown as income to you. Beware. . . you will receive emails asking you to verify. . only call them and do everything over the phone directly with them. I received many emails that were fraudulant when I called and asked about them. Luckily I did not respond to anything. They look like they are from paypal, however, they are not.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:58 AM - Response #5

Please don't let my last note hinder you from setting it up. It is definitely worth it!!!

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 8:02 PM - Response #6

OK Brad I have my paypal set up and in fact I've sold 3 tickets. Now I'm trying to put my "buy now" button and I'm having problems. I went to my edit page menu and clicked on my reunion page, because I believe that is where they are when they register, but I see no source code, what am I doing wrong???

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM - Response #7

Hi Glenda,

You've already done everything you need to do for the Buy Now button to appear on your Reunion Planner. We set it up so all you had to add was your email address for your Paypal Business account and the buy now button would appear at the end of the online registration process.

If you are looking to add another separate Buy Now button Brad included the details for that a few postings up in this same thread. The source button is on the top left corner of the editor window.

Edited 01/12/09 8:18 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 8:06 AM - Response #8

I didn't see it when I registered and paid?? But if you say it is there I trust you, because you are all awesome in helping!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.