ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Page infect

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/21/17 03:58 PM Views: 632 Replies: 9
Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 3:58 PM

I have a classmate having trouble logging in. I gave him a new password and after several tries, he got a "page infect" pop-up.
What is this?

Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM - Response #1

I was not able to find anything on your page that would cause that kind of alert. What page is he seeing this alert on? What is the program on their computer that is generating the alert?

Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:38 PM - Response #2

I am not sure. His name is Lakin Gabbert and I have had the same request before. I changed his password and never heard again. Then I got one the other day and I did the same thing. Today, he said after several tries, page infect showed up. I told him maybe I should just delete him and have him rejoin. My thought is he isn't reading my email correctly. I did ask him if he was able to get to the home page--have not heard.

Friday, September 22, 2017 at 12:54 PM - Response #3

Coud you have him take a screenshot so we can see what he's seeing.

Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:50 AM - Response #4

I emailed him w a new password to try again--I have not heard from him. As soon as I do and if it is still not working, I will have him do that. His last log in was the 19th!
Thanks so much.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:21 PM - Response #5

Here is his latest message.

Email:    llgabbert@hotmail.com

I tried the latest password it still goes back to a blank login page. If you delete me what will happen to my messages and photos?
I had told him I may have to have him rejoin but I don't want to have to do that.
Margaret

Edited 09/29/17 6:24 PM
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:53 PM - Response #6

I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of trying to log in with the information you posted. I had no problem whatsoever, but you might want to change his password again.

It would appear that it's something on his PC/phone/tablet. A screen snap (or picture) of the error message he's getting, emailed to your personal address might help suggest where the 'error' message is coming from. I didn't go any farther than the home page and class profile list, so if it's some other page that's giving him problems, that would be nice to know too.

Edited 09/28/17 6:58 PM
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 10:22 PM - Response #7

Mac issue? Have him try a different browser.

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 9:27 AM - Response #8

If on Mac, likely using Safari. Default settings in Safari won't save cookies which are required to remain logged in. I don't recommend Safari anyway. IF this is the case, I'd suggest Chrome for Mac.

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM - Response #9

Thanks everybody I don't know what he has but I have a Mac and I have never had a problem. I asked him to screenshot but haven't heard back. I will get back to you if he writes--John,I have no problem you logging in with that info. I might tell him that and then change it.
Thanks again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.