ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Worried about ticket sales?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/22/09 08:07 AM Views: 1303 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 8:07 AM

For those of you worried about ticket sales I thought I'd offer the statistics of sales for our reunion.

We’re planning a 30 year reunion with a class size of 423. We’ve gotten what I feel to be decent response on our website having had so many years go by. We have 191 classmates registered, which is over 46%. Many of our "Missing" are not really "missing", just not interested.

Our break-even point was to sell 120 tickets.

We started selling tickets in July for an October 24th reunion. To date, we have sold 125 tickets and the reunion is two days away. In July we sold 16 tickets (13%). About half of these tickets were to reunion committee members. In August we sold only 1 ticket (<1%). In September sales started to increase, but still not as much as I thought. We sold 45 tickets (36%). In October we've sold 60 tickets (50%). Forty-four of those have been in the last two weeks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about slow sales in the early months. People generally procrastinate. Even still I have people who are buying at the door. I'll fill you in on "at the door" sales after the reunion.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 11:39 AM - Response #1

Well, the reunion is over and it was a big success. We ended up with 133 tickets sold, 3 at the door. There were 2 no-shows. About 10 people came after dinner.

Also, if you're interested...

It wasn't any cheaper but the hors d'oeuvres strolling buffet & pasta bar was a perfect way to go for us. You didn't have to sit down at a specific time. It didn't tie you up for a couple of hours waiting to be served and cleaned up. I don't think anyone is looking for a heavy meal anyway. Everyone seemed to like it.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #2

Congrats on the successful reunion GC. And good advice on potential slow sales early on.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Brad.

The website worked wonderfully. We'll probably have more (less formal) events rather than wait another 5 or 10 years since it's so easy to get in touch with everyone.

The credit card sales made everything a breeze. The message forums are great. I'm looking around now to see how to add a slide show to our site. Can't say enough about how easy it is working with Class Creator.

Sherry Giordano

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM - Response #4

Thanks Sherry. Smile For slideshows, try clicking the Search link above in these forums and searching or:

slideshow
Photobucket
Slide.com

There are a variety of threads here regarding building and embedding slideshows, so you should be able to pull up all the information you need pretty quickly with a quick search.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.