ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Log Out Link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/11 12:41 PM Views: 1373 Replies: 15
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Can the "Log Out" link on the left side of the home page (last link now under "Member Functions") be moved? Say to the top of the page.....or anywhere else? thanks.

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM - Response #1

Dianne...

You can't move that link, but you can create your own link to this function and place it at the top of your home page content area.

1. Create the words "Log Out" where you want the Log Out to appear (within a content area)
2. Right-click on the Log Out Link and choose "Copy Link Location"
3. Select (highlight) the words you created in step one
4. Click on the globe/chain icon in the Editor Strip
5. Paste the URL you copied in step #2
6. Save the document
7. Test the process.

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM - Response #2

The links will be sortable and renamable soon as new templates are developed and old ones are updated. Stay tuned.

Friday, September 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM - Response #3

What's the latest with the Log Out Link? Is there a new template for renaming and sorting the Member Function Links?
Thanks so much.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 11:23 AM - Response #4

Member functions and Admin functions are not sortable. There is a log out link under the Member Functions for those who are logged in.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM - Response #5

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear about my request. I'm aware of where the logout button is located. Want I want to be able to do is relocate it. That's the number 1 request I get from classmates about the website. When I looked in the administrator forums, I saw this thread from 2011 about new templates coming out in future upgrades to allow for moving the logout button or, at least, that's how I interpreted the response. I was just wondering if that had happened yet. I would love to move that button higher on the page or into it's own location.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 5:08 PM - Response #6

This has not happened but I will discuss it internally to see if we can add it to any of our planned updates.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 6:05 PM - Response #7

Thanks so much. We are planning a reunion for next year and really appreciate the functionality of the site. Classmates, especially those coming to the reunion, will be even more active on the site.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM - Response #8

On the new Super Template all Member Links are a dropdown from the top, including the Log Out link. This is launching very soon now. Link management is far better in the new system. Look for it shortly.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 2:01 PM - Response #9

Sounds like that will be a major change in how the site looks and how it works. Please give us a warning before it's implemented so we will be able to tell our members that changes are coming.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM - Response #10

I think this is going to be an "opt in" change. That's the way I interpreted prior conversations.

If that is incorrect, please let us know Brad. Our site might be easy to adapt if the same CSS container names are used ? Main issue with current design is the narrow home page caused by right side stuff. If you moved that to the bottom as on FB ( Idea ) willing to switch.

[tried to verify what I recalled on FB but I got this error when trying Class Connection link "Error occured when processing your request. This error has been forwarded to site administrator and will be fixed shortly. Thanks." ]

FYI, you can create your own Log Out link NOW. All you need is to copy the content of current logout into your own page, some "meta" and poof. See our home page top right. You can't Logout if not logged in of course. Can be done with ANY of the other links that are now hardcoded too. Used that to change link order before the current system.

Monday, September 14, 2015 at 4:40 PM - Response #11

Yes Super Template is opt in. Videos coming very shortly now. System is done, although after it goes live we'll still need to update many more system pages to be responsive. The three biggies (Class List, Classmate Profiles, What's New) are responsive out of the box.

Although yes this primarily accommodates mobile, it also provides a better big screen experience as well. And a better navigational structure. Not to mention significantly more flexibility. Again, this will all be made very clear in a video shortly. We're a small team and honestly due to a major stroke of the mother of one of our team members we've all been a it delayed here... Nonetheless, this is all coming shortly and will make for a significantly better user experience on all devices.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 9:14 AM - Response #12

Has there been any news on the responsive pages project

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM - Response #13

Still testing and tweaking but getting close.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 1:22 PM - Response #14

I can see the distinct advantage to making it an 'opt-in' as well as 'leave it as is,' and many of those will that want it to remain the same are many of us 'older' folks, e.g. we are resistant to change more than the younger classes.

With that said, IF the opt-in is offered, I PREsume it will be a 'site-wide' choice decision of the site administrator, VS letting the individual site members chose the view they see?

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 2:03 PM - Response #15

Yes, it would be a site-wide change.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.