ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Continued problems--my prior posts deleted

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/24/18 08:16 AM Views: 487 Replies: 5
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 8:16 AM

10/24/18: Brad, Jessica or Scott - not sure why the 2 messages I've sent within the past several days are going unanswered. In fact - the post/thread I created over a month ago which had numerous replies (the last 2 by me, as recently as last Friday, and Monday of this week) seems to have been deleted.

My last 2 posts which have gone unanswered is simply asking for a direct email to CC,

I need to bring closure to a weeks' long problem that a # of members (including myself)are having with logging on. Seems to be a problem with a 'forwarding' url from GoDaddy which surfaced after years of no problems.

Irma Comer
Jcomer1@triad.rr.com
336 655 7186

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 1:27 PM - Response #1

While we have been very busy this week, I don't believe we deleted any post. I am not sure how to address that specifically. You can send direct email to us at customersupport@classcreator.com - however the Email option in the contact form page at ClassCreator.com is the bette option as those are seen by all staff.

As for the GoDaddy URL, if the domain name expired, you may need to reset your A Record IP address settings in the GoDaddy control panel. See Below and if you need assistance on doing so, you would need to contact GoDaddy.

Repointing Domain Names:
If you wish to point your domain name directly to your Class Creator web site, please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.205 . This will link your domain name to your Class Creator web site. If you need assistance please call your Registrar by phone and read them the above instructions and they will be able to assist you. Please note that the ONLY thing you need to change at your Registrar is your A record. You do not need to change anything else, such as nameservers. After you've done this log into your class web site, click the "Register Domain" link, and type in your domain name and then click the Activate Domain Name button. This will link up your domain name from your Registrar to your Class Creator web site and you'll be all set.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 3:08 PM - Response #2

The topic "Limited log on" is deleted Question There Irma explained not knowing how to change the A records. There were about 6-8 posts. Jessica confirmed the following.

That discussion that explained how to change the A records. The critical detail that is the cause of the issue is the existance of TWO A records. One is correct and the other one is not.

One WORKS - with the correct IP 69.41.171.205 and the other one with the Godaddy IP 184.168.131.241 does not. The last one needs to be REMOVED.

The site does not need to be "Registered" with CC again, although that wouldn't hurt either.

Browsers alternate between the two (something I discovered in researching this), so for some it works (me for instance) and for some it will not. You can't forward using the FULL CC URL since that ends up creating invalid links. Perhaps browsers changed during this time and are now picking up the invalid IP at times. This was all gone over in detail in the deleted topic.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 3:49 PM - Response #3

Please send me a direct email for CC. I have some info I want to put in a message intended for CC staff only.

Irma

Edited 10/24/18 7:45 PM
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

Hi Irma,

I responded to your post and let you know we were taking the post private because you are including a personal email address on a public forum. I will leave this out there, however, you may want to edit your post to remove your email address.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:45 PM - Response #5

Jack - thanks for confirming....I didn't think I had overlooked my orig. message. It's interesting it was deleted.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.