ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Want to add more administrators!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/10 01:54 PM Views: 3170 Replies: 12
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Brad and Gang,

I have just set up a class site for our all 80s classes for a reunion we are putting on this summer. I want to add each class rep. as an administrator...to help me enter all the classmates, names, email addresses, etc., but I do not want them to have access to anything else. Is there a way around this? They are going to need access for a while, so that as they get email information, they can add addresses. I don't want them putting email addreses into the missing classmates box, because there is no way of keeping track of the emails entered, so I can keep on top of people getting emails on updated information and so on & to keep encouraging them to join. How do other classes do this, should I just do it myself (it would take a lot longer).Confused

Edited 01/29/10 1:55 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:28 PM - Response #1

The admin rights module will be coming in the future. Right now there are Admins and Root Admins. Here is how to add an admin - you would remain the root admin, however, you can not restrict it to only the Manage Classmates screen yet:

1. Log into your site and click on Manage Classmates
2. Click the "Enter/Edit Classmates Manually" button.
3. Click the Details link next to the Classmate's Name whom you wish to make an Administrator.
4. At the bottom of the details page click the checkbox to grant Administrator Privileges.

Note: Only the Root Administrator can grant Administrator access to Classmates. Once a Classmate has been granted Administrator rights, that Classmates can not then grant Administrator rights to other Classmates.

Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM - Response #2

Thank you! Can the other Administrators change and add things like I do?

Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:36 PM - Response #3

Never mind, sorry...I guess I should learn to read the whole thing!! It has been a long day! Thank you, again!

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM - Response #4

Can you give an approx time frame that the admin module will be rolled out? Many thanks.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM - Response #5

Definitely this week.

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM - Response #6

All right, good news, Admin Rights is done. We've decided to hold the release until next week, I never like to release complex things on a Friday just in case we have a bug over the weekend.

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM - Response #7

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM - Response #8

Yipppppppeeeeeee! Way to go, CC gang!

Edited 03/05/10 3:32 PM
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM - Response #9

Great news. Looking forward to the release. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM - Response #10

We'll launch this today. I had to make an unexpected trip to Chicago but I'm back. Smile

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM - Response #11

I tried this process to add a co-administator. I am an administator. When I go to Manage Classmates and click on the selected classmate's details and go to the bottom of the page there is no option to name then a co-administator. Help.

Monday, March 15, 2010 at 10:50 PM - Response #12

Only the Root Administrator can add other Administrators.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.