ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

uploading yearbook photo's

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/14/12 12:21 PM Views: 1673 Replies: 10
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM

It seems the hardest part of our "yearbook photo" project is uploading the pictures. The way it sounded classcreator will not be creating any way to do this soon. We have a chance to get High School kids to help us do this. Of course this would mean making them an ADMIN. It is not that I don't trust them -or maybe it is- but is there a way to just give them right to manage certain years? This might also be good for multi years so that members of a class can work on just their class. Is this possible?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM - Response #1

Sounds like a good suggestion. I'll add it to the wishlist.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM - Response #2

They wouldn't have to be administrators. They can load them on a cd or a flash drive and you could download them from there. It would still be a lot to do but it would also save a lot of time.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM - Response #3

I vote for single-year admins on multi-year sites, with top admins controlling all the access rights. Go, CC! Yay!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM - Response #4

Ray,
How about getting them to scan the pictures, and save each one to its own file, using the persons last, then first name, and save them to a pen drive or cd?
That is what I did when I first looked into creating our site - I scanned nearly 600 pictures!
I also did the .csv document with classmates names, and basically created the site in one evening.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM - Response #5

That is OK and we would accept this. The only problem with this is we would then have to get a committee member to upload. The hard part is uploading not cutting and pasting. We needs lots of help since we have 27,000! maybe only 22,000 to go!

Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM - Response #6

UPDATE for 2016:
Alumni (multi-year) sites now have the ability to assign an admin to one or a group of class years. In the above situation, I would grant rights to Manage Classmates and input the one year or the consecutive years one person has been assigned to upload.

Hope this helps anyone who drops by this post.

Edited 11/13/16 2:42 PM
Friday, February 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM - Response #7

Is there a way to upload the yearbook photos, one photo per file, to a gallery and then have then have admins or assistance attach the yearbook photos to the profiles from there? I'm new to ClassCreator. The class list has been uploaded. A photo gallery of some yearbook photos has been created. But when Editing a profile there is not an option to retrieve a photo from a photo gallery.

Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:08 PM - Response #8

Each one of the images needs to be uploaded individually from the Edit Profile page for each member by going to the Yearbook image spot and clicking Select and Add New Image.

Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM - Response #9

Thanks for the quick response! That is what we will do.

But, even though we are are a class from 1967 and not know for Internet skills, class members are using iPads, Surfac, Cromebooks, Toshiba books, and newer laptops that don't have a CD. iPads don't have a USB port. Not only that, we are not "co-located" as they say and it is inconvenient to pass around a CD or USB stick. Using cloud storage like iCloud and OneDrive are an option. There are issues there too. OS version, storage limitations, different providers, and complexity of making it work on the different devices.

Using the gallery would proved a place to upload the individual photo files in mass using the gallery upload feature. Then use gallery access controls to allow administrators and others to associate the photo with the profiles.
Just a thought. Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5:53 PM - Response #10

To enable anyone to share the work by uploading to a common area, do this:

Upload the images to the FILE vault. You can upload ALL of them at once, although it's better to limit to around 50 at a time so it's easier to track if an upload fails.

To upload, Edit any page and select the LINK icon. Third from the right, second row. Click that and then select File Vault.

Now click Upload on the next screen (top left) and select ALL the files you want to upload 50 (or whatever) at a time. Repeat till you are done with all the images.

Now you can retrieve the images from the FILE vault to transfer to Profiles.

As you said, I'm not sure about all your devices, but on a PC Windows 10 you can select the FILE vault address to upload to a profile. May not work on other devices.

You enter the complete address. For you the link to your FILE vault is:

http://www.wayzata67.org/000/3/6/5/33563/userfiles/file/someclassmatename.jpg

So keep the names organized and all you end up changing is the name of the 'someclassmatename.jpg'

When you are all done, delete all those files to regain the space.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.