ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

alumni names on a website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/15/12 04:23 PM Views: 1148 Replies: 2
Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

We are a public school and we wish to develop a complete list of alumni back from the first graduating class in 1915. My understanding that as a public school, the names of graduates are public records. Thus we believe that we can list a person's name, but may be asks to remove email and street addresses, etc. Is this a reasonable and legal approach? An alum wondered how to go about getting removed from the website, so I removed his email address. Can we continue to maintain his name on the site?

Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM - Response #1

Interesting - I just heard back from him and he writes " I really want to be removed from the site completely in accordance with your published privacy policies." What published privacy policies is he talking about? I don't know of any and there's nothing on our site that I can find.

I'll wait to hear from someone but I suppose I shouldn't push the issue of his name as a grad being public, so I'll take away his record; but I'd like to hear about this.

Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM - Response #2

I am not sure if this is the one he is talking about:
http://www.classcreator.com/privacy-policy.html

But the link to this is found on the ClassCreator.com home page (at the very bottom)

you might want to replay about where he is seeing the privacy policy.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.