ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message forum sort and link sorting

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/29/10 12:07 PM Views: 1214 Replies: 3
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM

These questions must have been addressed somewhere before, but I can't find the answer anywhere (though I found lots of other VERY interesting bits ofinfo hunting through help forums)...another couple of hours gone! Embarassed

Right now, our message forum places the newest post at the bottom. Is it possible to reverse these? (newest at the top). It seems I saw this on another class's website, but I can't find a set-up option for it.

Also....
I would like to change the order of the links on the left of my homepage. Is this possible?

and/or...I would like to change the order of the Edit page list to match the order of the links posted on the homepage. Is this possible?

Edited 01/29/10 12:07 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 12:22 PM - Response #1

Gotta be careful with that Search function, ya get lost in never-ending information. Smile

The original Message Forums read from top to bottom. We have no plans to develop anything further on those forums. The newer forums (your User Forums) lists new Topics from most recent to oldest, then with posts in consecutive order at the thread level, the same as most other online forums.

We're launching a new photo editor feature in the new Gallery Maker feature later this afternoon. That same editor will be available to Classmates when uploading photos to their Profiles. Then we're going to hit the "Admin Rights" module, where you can define specifically what each co-Admin can and can't do, and then we're going to hit the Link Sorting module you're asking about. So all of that stuff is coming shortly to a theater near you.

Edited 01/29/10 12:23 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM - Response #2

** (just re-read what you wrote.."they read from "top to bottom" My question below is based on interpreting that you mean top (newest) to bottom (oldest), but now that I have re-read it, I'm thinking it could just as easily be the reverse? LOL Confused )

Brad, would you take a look at my page? I have something called "Message Forum", but I may have renamed it. It lists all the posts from oldest at the top, to newest, way down at the bottom (ok, just an arrow click away..but I think I'm lucky if classmates make it to this location, much less use arrows!)Rolling Eyes.

I recently deleted a lot of postings in my Message Forum, that talked about fall leaves, etc. because I didn't want new people to see such a long post, and opt out before ever getting down to the new stuff. Considering how "smart" I feel about how well I am getting around Class Creator now, sometimes the most basic questions completely snarl my brain! Laughing

btw: Great new photo feature!!! I hesitated to ask this question, because I'm so excited about the new Photo addition, and didn't want to look ungrateful, asking for more features. So long as it isn't something I've overlooked, I'm a happy camper! Thanks Brad!

Edited 01/29/10 1:38 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM - Response #3

With a little luck I'll be announcing the new Gallery Creator feature later tonight. If not it will be Monday. Trying to make it "just so" before we officially put out the announcement.

The Message Forums only read from top down. That's the way the vast majority of people wanted it, although there were some who wanted the reverse too. Most people find it unnatural to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page, then read and scroll backward to read things in consecutive order. We programmed it to always show the most recent 25 responses though, so there generally won't be a time that the page is super long. This is one of those things there will never be consensus on. Some people prefer the User Forms since all New Topics are listed from newest to oldest.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.