ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multiple Years -Multiple Admins

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/10/09 06:58 PM Views: 1294 Replies: 2
Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM

To the ClassCreator Staff and especially to Brad:

What a great site and most excellent platform to keep people in touch -- Thanks!!

1. I know its possible to have Multiple Admins.

2. Is it possible to restrict their input so they don't inadvertainly screw up other years?

3. Is it possible for them to only have effect on certain pages?

Brad, I realze its a 'Trust Issue,' and it is my responsibility to select admins with only the best intentions in mine, but Brad, I am not sure I am ready to share the reins, much less hand them over -- ever have that feeling?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM - Response #1

Thanks Terry.

The multi system was initially created for smaller schools, typically those throwing all year reunions where it was common for people from one year to know many people from other years. Naturally larger schools began using the multi system too, and suggestions like yours and others started surfacing. Those ideas are good and the need is there, but this actually starts getting into our pricing model and other adjustments that would need to be made in order to offer alumni sites with separate admin control for each year. It's not just a price issue, there's other things to hammer out too, like does each Class have their own forums, or is there one forum for everyone. If one, which Admin administers it? There's at least a dozen other such questions we'd need to sort out. We can and will do that, although it won't be our focus until well into 2010 most likely.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM - Response #2

Really its neither here nor there.... You guys still Rock!!

And if you want to ask, Yeas, I ahve now doned Jeans as the winter is surely on us now in SoCal though they say a week from Sunday we will see a mid 70!

I guess I will have to be a trusting soul...!! Besides I can always do a revert to a previous date!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.