ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates.com's Privacy Policy, and Us

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/10 11:31 AM Views: 1927 Replies: 6
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 11:31 AM

We are receiving numerous questions about Classmate.com's recent change in privacy policies. I'm guiding all inquiries regarding this question to this post. For the record we are not Classmates.com. Apparently there's quite a few people who think we are. We are a privately owned company that has nothing to do with Classmates.com. In answer to the questions that have been asked of us:

1) We do not know anything about Classmates.com's Privacy Policy change, or how it will impact their users.

2) We have no partnerships with Classmates.com, and our system in no way interfaces with Classmates.com or shares data with Classmates.com.

3) It is strictly against OUR (Class Creator's) policy to share your Classmate's contact information with anyone. We do not rent it, sell it, or in any way make it available. We never have and never will.

4) It is strictly against Class Creator's policy to email your Classmates or solicit them in any way. The only emails your Clasmates receive are auto-generated emails that come from your web site itself as people use it, and any Classmate-2-Classmate emails sent via your web site.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Edited 01/30/10 5:11 AM
Friday, January 29, 2010 at 11:37 AM - Response #1

As a former gold [paid] member at classmates.com, I think classcreator is better - hands down!
Of course, that is an opinion . . .

Friday, January 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM - Response #2

Brad & the CC staff:
I have heard from my 500 members; they have told me that they only wished that Classmates.com or Reunion.com (now MyLife.com) could be more like CC. They like me have nothing but praise for CC and our site as it is hassle free, ad popup free and cost free (that is MoVal-high.com) From my initial investment for 5-years I have been paid back in donations graciously given and still have more than $750 in the PayPal account.

I support you and CC and highly recommend it, and I believe that the success of MoVal-high.com is a testament of your value so keep up the good work and keep us safe!

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM - Response #3

Because Classmates was so annoying and became such a thorn in my side, I was lead to Class Creator. I now see they charge for you to see who has left messages in the guestbook. I guess there are people who pay for it. I did just to get access to all the names, but honestly, I didn't find any people for our reunion there. When we go for our 30th in a couple years, I may post a message to my own profile, but I won't be forking any money over for it.

Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

3) It is strictly against OUR (Class Creator's) policy to share your Classmate's contact information with anyone. We do not rent it, sell it, or in any way make it available. We never have and never will.

4) It is strictly against Class Creator's policy to email your Classmates or solicit them in any way. The only emails your Clasmates receive are auto-generated emails that come from your web site itself as people use it, and any Classmate-2-Classmate emails sent via your web site...

Hi Brad! As your original post is now nearly a decade old (!!!), I wonder if you might either confirm or update CC's privacy policy regarding data collection--especially in regards to Class Creator's basic (non-subscriber) sites, on which I believe advertisements are allowed?

As we know, data mining practices have recently come into question on certain other free social media platforms and I would like to be able to state (or point to) CC's policy in the possible event our subscriber status may lapse some day. Is there a public post somewhere that I can link to? (Is this page, last updated in 2012, still the most current? https://www.classcreator.com/privacy-policy.cfm)

(And, btw, are you aware of "Class Creator LLC" operating out of Australia? Their privacy policy page also resulted when I searched Google for yours)

Thanks much!

Terry

Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:17 PM - Response #5

Yes I am aware of the other Class Creator.

Although our Privacy Policy was written years ago, nothing has changed here regarding data mining, using or selling classmate info, etc. We simply don't do it. At all. Ever. All information is very secured in our database, we've never had a single breach of this information, and that info is there for you, the Administrator's, use. You're the one who put it there.

For the record, we're against the typical type of data mining other companies are doing. Our valuable asset is our Administrators. Your valuable asset is your classmates. We have no desire or intention of changing how this hierarchy has always worked here.

Monday, July 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM - Response #6

Thank you, Brad! I can’t describe what a relief it is to share, with complete confidence, how Class Creator has always had our best interests in mind! So very grateful for your company’s integrity and thoughtful service!
Cheers to the whole CC Team,
Terry

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.