ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Copying Graphics

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/16/10 08:22 AM Views: 1398 Replies: 5
Monday, August 16, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I copied a graphic into my home page and it showed up fine for awhile, but now when I log into my site, it comes up as a blank box with a red "x" in the upper left hand corner. What's going on? Question

Thanks!!
Debbie

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 8:49 AM - Response #1

Debbie,

I think the image you are talking about is a "turntable" graphic. Location: http://t9.imagechef.com/ic/imgout/sampa0307f73d45df6fa.jpg

What the red "x" on Internet Explorer means is that the image is no longer available - it has been deleted, so it cannot be viewed on your site.

To avoid this problem, you should have right-clicked the image, saved it to your computer hard drive, then instead of putting in a reference to that image on imagechef.com, you should have uploaded the image to your file vault and then inserted that image. Then the only way you would get the red "x" is if you deleted the image from your file vault while you were still referencing it. You wouldn't be dependent upon the other website to not delete/rename the image.

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle!! I did copy it to my hard drive and just inserted the picture on the home page (not under Source). I don't know what your are referring to when you say file vault. Would please tell me where it is?

Thanks ... again!! Confused

Debbie

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 12:59 AM - Response #3

Debbie,

You can see the images in your File Vault by going to Edit Site Pages, choosing Edit Home Page, click on the INSERT GRAPHIC icon. Then click on the File Vault button. you will see that you only have one graphic in your File Vault. The graphic you said you uploaded isn't there.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:04 AM - Response #4

Thanks again Kyle!! I have replaced the graphic and will check to see if it's in my file vault.

You have a great site!! I like the way you link items. Can you give me a little crash course on linking?? Confused

Thanks ... Debbie

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM - Response #5

OK, here is the crash course on linking...

1. Go to the page you want to link to and copy the URL from the browser address window.
2. Go to your website, edit the page you want to place the link
3. Type "Click Here for the link" or some other text
4. Select the "Click Here..." text
5. Click the INSERT LINK button in the editor
6. Paste your URL in the INSERT LINK dialog box
7. If you want the link to open in a different window, click on the TARGET tab and select the right target.
8. Click OK to save the link.
9. Then save the EDIT CONTENT page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.