ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Live Chat

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/13/12 04:58 PM Views: 1491 Replies: 11
Friday, January 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Is there any way to open up the Live Chat to people that have not signed up on the web page yet ?

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Response #1

The LIVE CHAT uses the membership number (only exists if logged in) to keep the different chat message threads separate.

There is no way to have a MEMBER ID if not logged in. So LIVE CHAT is not possible unless they have signed up.

You could create temporary people, maybe "Chat User One", "Chat User Two", "Chat User Three". Then have those you want to chat with click on the CLASSMATE PROFILE page and click on "Chat User One" and then click JOIN HERE to sign up to your website. After completing the member wizard, they would be able to do LIVE CHAT with you.

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you for the information. I will see how many non-members want to chat first. Maybe this will nudge them to join I have several stubborn ones. They are afraid I'm trying to pull them away from FaceBook.

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM - Response #3

If they were smart, they'd get away from facebook and become members of our sites. We need to find out what facebook has that we don't have and maybe we would all get many new members to our sites.

Perhaps Brad and team could work on making us more like facebook!Very Happy

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM - Response #4

Helen Keenan wrote:

If they were smart, they'd get away from facebook and become members of our sites. We need to find out what facebook has that we don't have and maybe we would all get many new members to our sites.

Perhaps Brad and team could work on making us more like facebook!Very Happy

Gee, Helen... I think that is in the notes from our Wednesday TAP Live Chat. Like that, don't you? Very Happy

I do not care if everyone lives on Facebook. I'd be happy if they'd take a few minutes a week to visit our sites and stay to chat more than once a month. That is a good start.

Friday, January 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM - Response #5

Yes, Gwen, I did mention that Wednesday at our TAP Live Chat. I don't know if I will have to make a formal request to Brad and team or if they will pick it up from here.Very Happy

Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM - Response #6

Helen Keenan wrote:

Yes, Gwen, I did mention that Wednesday at our TAP Live Chat. I don't know if I will have to make a formal request to Brad and team or if they will pick it up from here.Very Happy

Helen, That would be best under Suggestions and Feedback found under Forum Topics. Smile

Question: What part of Facebook do you think our sites need to be 'more like Facebook'? One thing that pulls everyone to Facebook is that it is the one place to go to be in touch with everyone beyond classmates... family, friends, co-workers and the list goes on. That is the draw and keeper of many.

I'm writing a post for a TAP Group "Project". Watch for it to be posted in this forum and on the TAP site. Smile

Danny Administrator, you may be interested in the "project".

Edited 01/14/12 12:27 AM
Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM - Response #7

Hi Gwen and Helen,

Enjoyed the live chat last Wednesday.

I really like CC and hope to be active here for years. And so I make the following comment as a wish to improve traffic on my cc site, not as a negative comment about anything:

I wish I had a page on my CC site, but not the Home page, that was very much like my Facebook page. If so, I could see all the notes and pictures classmates had left during the day and I could see the current ones going up and could comment if I wish. The page would be 'on' constantly. End of wish.

------------

Well, I should think, given the fact that facebook techs can do it, ours should be able to! (and I say that knowing we've got superior ones here!)

Kind Thoughts to All,
Richard

Edited 01/14/12 11:29 AM
Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM - Response #8

Hi Richard,

Y'all sure kept me busy taking notes on the chat Wednesday. It was a good one.

As to your wish, I would post it under Suggestions and Feedback found under Forum Topics. From what I understand, CC 3.0 is the priority and all else goes on a list for future discussion. This is from what I have read in the forums.

My first reaction was 'that is a biggie, Richard!' Yet, it would be so great! Smile

I'm writing a post for a TAP project. (Fell asleep at the keyboard trying to finish it last night.) I'll be back on it today.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM - Response #9

Where, Gwen?

I'm having a slow day and OH! Just found it.

Thanks!

Too busy now and so I'll think about doing it later!

Again, Gwen, great to know you!

Richard

Edited 01/14/12 11:57 AM
Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM - Response #10

Richard Ray Williams wrote:

Where, Gwen?

I'm having a slow day and can't find your reference.

Sorry,

Richard

Don't be sorry, Richard. I'm happy to help!

Go to the top of this page. Click on FORUM LIST in the gray bar. On the next page, scroll down five rows to Suggestions and Feedback. I'd add 'wish list' items in that thread.

Smile Gwen

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM - Response #11
SAH Announcements.mht

Hi Gwen,
I know. It's the prodical daughter, all of a sudden.
I have an idea about the facebook comparison. As you know, my site is for my 50th reunion in March of 2013 in Myrtle Beach. Well, on Facebook there is also a site named St. Angela Hall High School (slightly different). Thyey practice fighting among themselves, I believe (not entirely). The differences between the 2 sites are as fololows as I see it: CC St Angela Hall Academy (SAHA) is organized, run basically by myself and another co-administrator, geared entirely toward our upcoming Reunion and its alumni of 1963 only and their own events (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). The FaceBook site is very disorganized and is not really geared toward anything, not even semi-private chats.
Here are the things I believe should entice alumni to SAHA website by CC: privacy, Privacy, & PRIVACY -- in our chats, in our announcements, information, photos, profiles, etc.. FB lays everything out. I understand you want prople to join; butentice them by organizing a retrieval committe or having an interesting homepage (on which I still have not succeeded).
Below I am posting my home page which members see. Is there a way of having that home page seen by non-registered alumni? That would solve the problem and probably most of all of yours regarding enticing invitations.IdeaQuestion
Barbara
P.S. I just attached a file for you to see, but don;t see it when reviewing my post. Is it there Gwen?
BE

Edited 01/19/12 2:14 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.