ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Recently Deceased Classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/08/10 09:14 PM Views: 1972 Replies: 10
Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM

One of our classmates passed away last month. When I send an email to "all classmates" she is still listed. I have already moved her to in memory. How can I take her off the emails? I did do a search but must not be using the right phrase. Thanks.

Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM - Response #1

If you are sure that the classmate's loved ones won't be using their e-mail/password to login to the website, you could edit their DETAILS page and instead of their e-mail, put "notmissing". Then the classmate won't show up in the missing classmates page and nobody can login.

Sometimes, the spouse is still friends with the other classmates and still wants to be informed about the reunion or update the profile with children/grandkids, etc.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle; I tried to do this today and got the following error message. Any suggestions?

ERROR: You cannot change a site member's email address to notmissing. This is an override option available only for Classmates who have not yet joined the web site.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM - Response #3

Gail,

what is the name (first initial, last name) of the classmate? Have you already marked this classmate as In Missing/Deceased (Edit site pages, Edit In Missing, ADD the classmate from the drop-down).

From what I have heard before, sometimes, the spouse or children of the classmate continue to have relationships with the classmates/website and continue to monitor their loved one's e-mail accounts.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM - Response #4

Maiden name is Richardson, married name Johnson, first name initial is P. I have entered her obit, but just emailed the class and she still showed as eligible to receive the email. I'm not aware of her spouse using our site. I'm sure if he does, he can notify a mutual friend and I can add him back. Yes, she does show on the "In Memory" section.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 3:56 PM - Response #5

Edit Classmate's Details page, remove email address, save. That's all there is too it. I went ahead and did it for you while I was in there. Smile

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM - Response #6

Thank you. I removed it and entered "notmissing" but I don't think I saved it. Thanks again.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

There would be no reason to enter notmissing. Just leave it blank. Unfortunately the location of that Classmate is known.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM - Response #8

True. And unfortunately, we had another classmate join her at this location, tragically this weekend.

Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 7:17 PM - Response #9

Brad, I know this email is an old one, but it's the newest one closest to my problem that I could find. I cannot change a classmate to "Deceased". He has never joined our site, but that has never been a problem before. His name is William Hagan and he passed March 2015.
Thanks

Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 11:05 PM - Response #10

He is already there on the In Memory page.

EDIT | DELETE | William (Bill) Hagan

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.