ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate's State not showing in dropdown

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/21/09 10:59 PM Views: 1329 Replies: 8
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I had a new classmate join today, and I noticed his state isn't showing up in the "Where They Live" dropdown box. I went to his Profile and Details page to see if anything seemed amiss, but it all looks fine to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lori

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM - Response #1

Please let me know the Classmate's name.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM - Response #2

The last person to join was Todd M. He is from Virginia. When I look at "Where They Live", there is one classmate from Virginia. I click on that drop-down item and it shows a list and Todd M. is the only classmate on the list.

Is Todd M. the classmate?

Edited 10/21/09 11:42 PM
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:01 AM - Response #3

Nope. It's Robert Gardner, from Billings, MT

thanks!

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:25 AM - Response #4

Weird, Robert plots on the USA map correctly in Montana, but he doens't show up on the text list. Not sure why, turning over to Programming for investigation and resolution.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:16 AM - Response #5

Thanks, Brad!

Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM - Response #6

Brad, I have a classmate who does not show up on the "Where We Live" map on our web site. Marian Gund from Rhode Island. Could you check it out?

Thanks.
Paul

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM - Response #7

We will look into this soon. Our programmers are tied up with some big projects at the moment but this will be in the group of fixes as soon as they come up for air.

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #8

It's because Marian did not enter an address. You entered an address for her, so you have it saved in your admin records. But when Marian joined she left all address fields blank. Thus she will not show up on the map. It's a privacy issue. If somebody intentionally omitted address information we cannot plot them on the map. If you'd like her to plot you can try contacting Marian, explain she needs to put her address into the system herself, and that the plotting mechanism will only plot her at zip code center. It will not show her exact location on the map map and her street address will not be revealed. Once people know this they're usually less hesitant to provide their location information.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.