ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

facebook activity feed???

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/11 03:04 PM Views: 1447 Replies: 5
Friday, August 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I would like to put a facebook activity feed into our site. How do you do that? I know you can get code from facebook social pluggins but it never worked.

Friday, August 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #1

I'm no expert but, I'd be pretty surprised if you get a response back telling you how to do this from them. I mean the whole purpose of this dedicated website is so that you no longer need to have a facebook group etc.... If your interested in letting your high school class no of any updates to your site, then just go into your own profile under Update classmates, and select which e-mail notifications you want to get updated on. Once selected, save it. Going forward you will receive automatic e-mails letting you know who's been online and updated their profile, added pictures or posted messages etc... Now all you need to do is every time you get an update, just forward it to your facebook account, and/or cut and past them to it etc...

Friday, August 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

There is tons of information here in the forum. Just search for Facebook.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM - Response #3

Why clutter your site with facebook? You have created something special and safer to communicate with long lost classmates. Many people have hear the horror stories about facebook and are hesitant to join our site. We have to work on them so they feel comfortable with class creator.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM - Response #4

I want to give the classmates a link to one of our classmates benefit that is being held and organized on facebook. How do I do that so all classmates can see the benefit? Not all classmates are on social networks but the benefit page has already been created on Facebook.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM - Response #5

If you have the FACEBOOK URL (copy it from your browser address window), just insert it as a normal link on your website.

Assuming HOME PAGE:
Edit Site Pages
Edit HOME PAGE
scroll down to where you want the link
type "Facebook Benefit CLICK HERE"
Select "Face..... CLICK...." message
click the LINK icon (2nd row of icons, 3rd from right)
Paste the Facebook URL you copied
Save the link
Save the changes to the home page
Test the link to make sure it works.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.