ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Polls

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/23/11 05:50 PM Views: 1652 Replies: 15
Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Ok, so I should know better, but I cannot find where to create a poll? Never done one and just can't find it! Where to a make one? Thanks for your help. Bonita

Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM - Response #1

Hey There!
It's so easy, even i can do it, most of the time! Just sign in, click on Edit Pages, go to Home Page.
There should be a choice to activate polls/manage polls. Set up your poll, click save. Don't forget to activate it by checking the boxes you wish.(I have often overlooked this step,especially with Birthday wishes! I am fairly sure that my class realizes my dementia is in full blown glory by now!)
You can also "save" the polls. I am sure that there is an easier way, but i just copy and paste them into an announcement area after they are taken down. Hopefully you will have greater participation than we do, but hey are still kinda Fun! Ours are always "anonymous" but never, ever scientific!
Hope this helps! HOpe you are having a great summer!Cool
Have FUN!

Edited 07/23/11 7:23 PM
Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 11:50 PM - Response #2

Guess it was too stupid of a question. Ok, well, I'll figure it out eventually.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 12:13 AM - Response #3

It's easier than i make it sound, as usual!
Go to Edit pages, choose Homepage. There should be an option to the right, highlighted/link of Manage Poll just under the option of Who's online,etc. Click on the blue link and set up your poll question with answer options. Click Save. Then activate it by checking the box you desire, make it log in option,etc. It's challenging to follow my directions, but look on the right for the blue Manage poll link!Embarassed

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM - Response #4

Kris, you're the best. Thank you so very much. Bonita

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM - Response #5

What? I can't believe you don't know how to do that! How many times have You and I discussed how user friendly and easy CC is? I'm a little disappointed in you, Bonnie. I thought you knew more than I do.

Tam

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 3:27 PM - Response #6

I'm disappointed in me too. Now I feel more stupider.Embarassed

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM - Response #7

Bonita, guess you are in a time loop with the response...Edit Home Page...Manage Polls....Have a great day!

Margaret

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 11:52 PM - Response #8
thanksonsandybeach.jpg

In defense of all of us, or at least the two of us, that seem to forget the most obvious of things, i had to check on it myself, after not posting a poll in awhile. It was not without missteps, so i understand completely! Cool
Unlike most of you computer proficient folks, my "trials and errors" far outweigh my 'triumphs", but as Thomas Edison claimed, he didn't "fail", but found 1000's of ways "how not to do something"!
Thankfully there is always someone available or a resource handy to hep us with what may challenge us at the time!
Thanks, everyone!
A big Hey (that's Wisconsin-ese for Hi!)to you Bonita!
The Joy is in the Journey!

Edited 07/25/11 12:00 AM
Monday, July 25, 2011 at 3:07 AM - Response #9
thanksonsandybeach.jpg

Kris Thrailkill wrote:

... after not posting a poll in awhile.

Boy, isn't that the truth. On the last official count, I think I forgot 2,146,987 technical detailsEmbarassed

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 7:01 PM - Response #10

Bonita, you've given me hope !! Smile If I haven't done a task on my class site for a week or so, for the life of me, I can't remember how I did it when I'm ready to do it again !!

I don't even want to think if I had to start my site over again.. I honestly don't think I could. Smile

Edited 07/25/11 7:01 PM
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM - Response #11

Once again, Linda and Bonita have my vote for expressing my true identity! Unable to post anything for so long, i had to use repetition to prevent my feeble brain from forgetting...but now i just forget my repetitions! Ohwell! I also am mortified by passing it along, after I claimed to all it was "so easy, even i could do it" to my classmates! Thankfully ClassCreator has the most excellent "Costumer service department" one could dream of, so if something happens to me, anyone can step in and do what has been done so far, and most probably make it exponentially better due to my lack of expertise!
Thanks Ladies for helping me each step of the way! And thanks to everyone else for understanding, especially Brad and Crew! You all remain unsurpassed in the delivery of Excellence! Thanks so much for making this so easy, "even i can do it"!
Sign me
Forever Appreciative.
(and still having FUN! Most daze at least!)

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM - Response #12
BCAwarenessPoll.jpg

In case anyone is considering giving Breast Cancer Awareness Month some added visibility, we just launched a new Poll (attached) on this topic together with some pink ribbons on the home page.

We understand some may be reluctant to participate on the grounds that it may seem somewhat personal, but after weighing the pros/cons, felt our results tabulation at the end of October will underscore that no one walks alone on this journey.

Edited 09/30/11 7:22 PM
Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM - Response #13

Nice idea. I also have a nice Breast Cancer Awareness graphic on my homepage. I know many friends having survived it. Thanks for sharing, Bob. Bonita

Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM - Response #14
pinkballoonsopt.jpg

Recently found two more catchy graphics. Can't recall where I got them, but this one "pink balloons" is timely.

Will post the other in a separate posting.

Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM - Response #15
cancerribbons.jpg

Attached is a neat one to have in your collection as you can use the "set" as is or single out/crop just one as needed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.