ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music for "In Memory"

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/07/08 07:00 PM Views: 1510 Replies: 11
Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM

I want to add a playlist for the In Memory page. Where would I paste the code or is it possible?

Thanks!

Gini Duke (Morgan)
'72 BHS

Edited 11/07/08 7:11 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM - Response #1

It's funny you should ask. I was just trying to do the same thing. It doesn't appear possible to post on the In Memory page but could be done for individual classmates if one was so inclined.

Edited 11/08/08 12:43 AM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 12:37 AM - Response #2

We'll be adding an editable area there shortly. It's on a list of about 100 or so small tasks that Mike is rapidly hitting now. This and all kinds of other little things that have been requested will be appearing over the next 2 or 3 weeks or so. We're leaving Mike alone for a little while so he can get through some of the smaller items that have backed up while we've been hitting some of the major new features lately.

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM - Response #3

You can add music to your in memory section, I did. Just paste in the playlist source code. Mine is hidden. I reduced the width & height of the playlist to 1.

I also added music to my profile by hiding the source code by reducing the width & height of the playlist to 1.

I'll give the forum temporary guest privledges through Veterans Day to look around. Feel free to take any ideas you like. Guest password will be waynecity.

Edited 11/08/08 10:11 AM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 10:35 AM - Response #4

I think you didn't quite understand the original comment. There does not appear to currently be a way to embed music on the In Memory page itself. Rather you put music on each individual entry within the In Memory section as I suggested was possible.

But I like what you've done. Very nice.

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 10:38 AM - Response #5

I was hoping to add it to the main memory page. We have over 100 classmates who have passed and adding music to each page would be quite a task.

Where did you paste the code for your profile page?

Gini

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM - Response #6

Whoops! Sorry! Guess I read the original question too fast.

On the profile page I put the music code in the video section.

Edited 11/08/08 11:03 AM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 11:08 AM - Response #7

Gini Morgan wrote:

I was hoping to add it to the main memory page. We have over 100 classmates who have passed and adding music to each page would be quite a task.

Gini

Per Brad's response above you'll be able to add it to the In Memory page in the not too distant future. Probably before you could add the music to over 100 classmates.

The other feature that would be nice is if the music added to the In Memory page would continue to play while you were viewing entries for any and all of the classmates in this section only.

Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 7:49 PM - Response #8

I too would only like 1 song to play for the entire memory section and for it to continue as someone views the different pages and not shut on /off or start over. As a viewer, that would irritate me. ha
I'm so thankful for the way the 'creators' are listening to suggestions and making the changes. They also make it a point to respond very quickly and diplomatically. It will be worth any wait.

Edited 11/08/08 9:37 PM
Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM - Response #9

Thanks Sandi. Smile

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 12:27 PM - Response #10

You have the best website I have seen. I would love to pick your brain. How did you get the trick to click on to the door of the school to go back to homepage??? I do want to tru putting music on the memory pages. How did you do the slide??? Thanks, Linda Boyd

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM - Response #11

Thanks! Clicking on the school photo is a new feature of the new backgrounds that Class Creator offers. If you changed your background to the theme for your graduating decade your school picture would go back to the home page too! I just told my class to click on the school door to add a little "pizazz" to the idea. Very Happy

I made the slideshow by going to www.slide.com. When I finished, I copied & pasted the source code into my page. It was pretty easy to do.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.