ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

preview in announcements not working

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/15/13 11:31 PM Views: 804 Replies: 3
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM

When I create an announcement and try to preview the end result, a new browser winder opens to the home page of our website, but the draft announcement doesn't appear. What could be causing this?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

Have you scrolled down? It may be too wide for the page thereby forcing it to be displayed below the right hand column content. If that's the case review the announcement for items that are wider than about 420 pixels.

Edited 10/15/13 11:39 PM
Friday, October 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM - Response #2

I tested and see what you mean. If you create the announcement and then use the button that says "Preview In New Window or Tab"... nothing happens. Unless it is saved at least one time. After that, if you go to the same announcement to edit it, that button does work. I suspect that the page needs to have been saved at least 1 time for this to function, but if that is the case, then that button option should be removed. For now, just save your new announcements as inactive, and then go to edit and try that button.

Monday, October 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM - Response #3

We have updated the preview button to only allow you to preview the page if there is content in the editor window. If no content exists in the editor a pop-up will prompt you to add content to the editor.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.