ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to magnify photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/21/09 04:01 PM Views: 1539 Replies: 7
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 4:01 PM

When looking at George Rogers Clark High School and his links he has a link to a photo of the entire class at graduation and it's a large photo. I would like to very much to be able to allow our classmate to click on a photo and go to an enlarged one to see the faces. Can someone guide me on how to do this?

Thanks,
Ava

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM - Response #1

Panoramic thread is here.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM - Response #2

Also, if users are running Windows XP [and I presume it is in Vista as well] there is a handy magnifier built into the OS.

To open Magnifier, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click Magnifier.

[If running Vista, just go to the 'Help' menu, and in the serach block, type
magnifier

Happy looking!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

I've tried uploading the image unsized, but it always loads at 646px vs. the 1259px that the original image is in. I have a Mac running OS X 10.5.8. Is there a trick to uploading the image in original form?

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM - Response #4

The trick is to upload it using the INSERT/EDIT LINK instead of the IMAGE BUTTON. Using the File Vault found under INSERT/EDIT LINK will not resize the image. You can then insert a link to the uploaded image.

You should be able to insert a thumbnail photo then select the graphic, click the INSERT/EDIT LINK, choose the LARGE version of the thumbnail photo, click INSERT LINK and then the thumbnail image will link to the larger image that is stored in the FILE VAULT.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM - Response #5

Perfect Kyle, thanks so much AGAIN!

Ava

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM - Response #6

We just had our 30th reunion and I would like to gather all the photos taken from several people and post those for all to enjoy. Is there an easy/quick way to upload all the photos? I'm thinking something like Facebook where I see the small image and can click on it to get a larger image and be able to annotate each image with the classmate names.

Mike

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 5:06 PM - Response #7

Community Photo Galleries will be the next feature to launch after Live Chat, but for now what a lot of people are enjoying is creating a unique threaded forum just for sharing and discussing reunion photos. A lot of people here have had really good results with that.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.