ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can't delete files to free up space

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/13 05:04 PM Views: 860 Replies: 4
Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I added too many MP3s and went over my quota. I went to the File Vault to delete stuff but it just says I'm over my limit (110%) but no files are listed. It says to use the Delete link to delete files but no files appear so I can't delete anything and the Delete link does not appear anyhow. How can I free up some space?

Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM - Response #1

Hi Randy,

I see all of the MP3s in your file vault. I saw two for Schools Out so I deleted one and you have some file space available again now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #2

Thanks. I used a different browser and now see the files and can work with them. It would be nice to know what kinds of things use up this space (is it MP3s, photos, and videos but not photos classmates upload?). It would also be helpful to have a direct link to the File Vault from the main menu so you can find it easily.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM - Response #3

This morning, I went into the file vault to retrieve a graphic and all I could see was a blank screen. Then I remembered that the latest Windows 7 automatic download upgraded many of us to IE10 and IE10 does not work like my previous version, IE8. For example, I could not print from several sites and I read that the solution was to hit the F12 key and select IE10 compatibility view. That fixed my printing problem and also allowed me view the contents of the CC file vault. Be advised that the selection automatically reverts back to IE10. You must select the compatibility view each time you have a problem.

Jim

Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Jim. I tried that and you are right! I was automatically updated to IE10 and F12 got me to the compatibility option. Oh, the joys of computing!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.