ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Member Search Feature

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/14/09 01:22 AM Views: 1559 Replies: 9
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM

The new "Member Search Feature" works, but only when one clicks the SEARCH button after entering criteria. In my opinion, it should work by pressing the ENTER key as well.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 3:34 AM - Response #1

Well, that's actually not true. In fact the search is dynamic and works in real time right as you're typing. So it really doesn't even matter if you ever hit the search button. Or the Enter button for that matter. Pressing either certainly won't hurt anything though. In fact honestly we only put the Search button there because people will be reluctant to use something that looks like there is no way to activate it. But the button really doesn't even do anything at all. By the time you could ever get around to clicking that button the dynamic search would have already executed and you'd already be seeing the results below.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM - Response #2

That's exactly how mine works. The names pop up as soon as I finish typing them. I love it for my multi year site.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 8:29 AM - Response #3

Fred Johannesen wrote:

The new "Member Search Feature" works, but only when one clicks the SEARCH button after entering criteria. In my opinion, it should work by pressing the ENTER key as well.

Did you try it today? Or reporting that issue from yesterday.

You may need to clear your browser cache. Pressing the enter key didn't work YESTERDAY but as of around 9pm last night, it should work just fine.. you don't even have to hit "Search" or hit the enter key anymore.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM - Response #4

Hi Rick ... it still doesn't work the way you describe. I sent a long email to info@classcreator.com a half hour ago, with screen shots included. The search only works when I press the SEARCH button. I did delete Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, and Form Data from my IE8 browser.

The attached file is a copy of that email to Brad

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 10:58 PM - Response #5

Thank you for this feature. I've tried it in Firefox and IE and have had no problems. I like how you can enter a first name OR a last name and a 'choice of similiars' appear and then it narrows it down as each keystroke is entered.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM - Response #6

Fred, maybe it's a problem with IE8... I've tested it in Firefox 3, IE 6, IE 7, and Chrome... but I don't have IE8 on any of my computers, maybe one of the other classcreator programers does... we'll figure it out. Eventually.

Luckily, it does work when you hit "Submit"

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM - Response #7

Works just fine on IE8. Could it possibly be affected by increased browser security settings, blocking javascript, stuff like that?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM - Response #8

I just did the IE8 installation upgrade and tried the name search and it was a little slow the first time, but with each name I entered it popped up faster.

Just thought an "outside" feedback would be assuring.
Very Happy

Edited 07/15/09 11:37 AM
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 at 11:56 AM - Response #9

Thanks. Blocking javascript would certainly prevent it from working, although it wouldn't work at all then, even if you pressed submit, the whole feature uses javascript.

good to hear that it works on IE8 too

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.