ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Playlist

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/19/10 02:21 PM Views: 1384 Replies: 7
Friday, March 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hello, I, opened an account on playlist, picked out some songs and copied the code, then went to home page and could not find where to make the widthe 399. Can you help me. Thanks, Nancy

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM - Response #1

Go back into source mode, the same mode you were already in when you pasted the code. Look for the word "width". You're going to see it 4 times in there. And each time you see the width is set to 450. Change it to 420 instead. Make sure you change all 4 instances of the width. If you're putting your Playlist into an Announcement, then you'd want to make all 4 instances of the width 398.

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 7:19 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad, I cannot find width when I hit source..What am I doing wrong? Nancy

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM - Response #3

Ummmmm. Did you ever paste your Playlist code into your home page? I don't see any Playlist code anywhere on the page.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 9:53 AM - Response #4

Hi Brad, Well I tried it again, pasted it but still do not see where the size is. I am sorry but just having a hard time...thanks nancy

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM - Response #5

1) Click Post Announcement
2) Go into edit mode for your Playlist announcement
3) Click the Source button in the upper left corner

When you scan through the code on that page you're going to see the word width multiple times. I already changed the width for you while I was in there, but you should at least go in and see where I did this so you'll know where it's at next time you want to drop in a Playlist somewhere. You'll see I changed all widths to 390.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM - Response #6

Nancy Cusson wrote:

Hi Brad, Well I tried it again, pasted it but still do not see where the size is. I am sorry but just having a hard time...thanks nancy

One trick I use is to use FireFox when editing the SOURCE Code for a playlist. I can then do a FIND on the word width and then click on the "Highlight All" button and all instances of the width are highlighted so I know that I change all of them.

I looked at your playlist and all of the widths were already 398 but the page still displayed wrong in firefox, so I changed them to 390. That fixed the problem.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM - Response #7

Thanks so much nancyVery Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.