ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

USER FORUM EDIT TOPIC NAME

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/09 02:54 PM Views: 2241 Replies: 9
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Is there a way to edit/change the TOPIC heading in the User Forum once it has been entered by Administrator or Classmate?

You didn't think you could sit back and rest all day Sunday, Did you?

Cav

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM - Response #1

Actually I think it's YOU who didn't think that!

Well, maybe Dave can put a little "edit" link next to the topic that only admins can see. And then maybe they can edit it. I'm not sure yet though, because unlike me maye Dave is actually getting a day of rest on Sunday. Smile

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM - Response #2

Yep, it's the boss who always has to set the example - working on Sundays.

I guess I can wait until tomorrow for Dave to put in that Topic Editing tool, but as you know I can not speak for all those other Administrators out there that might not want to wait. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Brad, you have my permission to blame me if you get flak for waiting until tomorrow.

Cav

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM - Response #3

One more User Forum question: If we will be able to edit a TOPIC (heading) Title, will the Administator always be able to move a Topic to another Forum?

Thanks in advance ... Cav

Edited 04/05/09 5:26 PM
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 9:21 PM - Response #4

Yes.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #5

I believe ... I believe ...

I knew you and your team would not let us down.
Looking forward to these two changes.
Thanks, Cav

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 1:48 AM - Response #6

Ok Cav,

You should be able to rename a TOPIC name now. Smile

Just remember that TOPIC name is different than message title.

You can change those too but have to do that in the messages themselves.

Dave

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM - Response #7

Dave Kauffman wrote:

Ok Cav,

You should be able to rename a TOPIC name now. Smile

Just remember that TOPIC name is different than message title.

You can change those too but have to do that in the messages themselves.

Dave

Thanks, Dave … I apologize for assuming that only Brad works 24/7 . . . y’all have an amazing customer support team.

Let me see if I understand this “User Forum” hierarchy correctly:

Forum Name
   Topic Name
      Message Title

I believe this is right. Administrators can set up Open Forum Names, so Classmates can add Topic Names under that Forum . . . BUT Administrators can not Open a new Topic Name under a Forum without a message. I want to do this so Classmates will see where to put their Messages. For example: We have a
Forum Name: Crossland Grads Married to Crossland Grads
   Topic Name: ’69 GRAD married to ’69 GRAD
      Message Title: ’69 Helen marries ’69 Glon

I want to add another Topic Name: ’69 GRAD marries Crossland Alumni
This way ’69 Grads married Alumni outside the ’69 Class will put their messages under this Topic Name instead getting them mixed up with the first Topic Name: ’69 GRAD married to ’69 GRAD

… BUT the User Forum will not allow the Administrator to set up a blank/empty Topic Name unless they put a message there. I put “test” in the message just to try this out. See my User Forum “Chit ‘n Chat”.

Do you see my dilemma? or Is there another way to set up an empty Topic Names under Forum Names that I am missing?

… Thanks in advance,
Cav

Edited 04/06/09 1:31 PM
Monday, April 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM - Response #8

You're almost looking for a 4th level in a sense but there isn't one. It's a three tiered system. I'd just set up all the Topics you want, but you are correct, you do need to actually post an opening message with each new topic. Maybe you can just give a brief description of the topic. There isn't and won't be a 4th tier though, so you'll have to work within the structure.

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

You're almost looking for a 4th level in a sense but there isn't one. It's a three tiered system. I'd just set up all the Topics you want, but you are correct, you do need to actually post an opening message with each new topic. Maybe you can just give a brief description of the topic. There isn't and won't be a 4th tier though, so you'll have to work within the structure.

Thanks Brad ... I understand ... I was just trying to get my thoughts wrapped around your "User Forum". I like your idea ... to Open a new Topic Name the (1st) message would/could be a brief description of that topic. Then once there is another message (2nd) message I the Administrator can go in and delete or leave my (1st) message.

This is so much FUN!!! KUDOS !!!
Forget the Thanks ... from now on it will be: Kudos. Too many thanks ... thanks ... thanks ... so KUDOS!

Edited 04/06/09 2:29 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.