ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can you post videos on the site without using Youtube?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/10 07:27 PM Views: 2339 Replies: 8
Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Is it possible to make your own video and post on a page without linking to Youtube?

Thanks,
Ann

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM - Response #1

Yes. There are about a dozen different answers to this based on what format your video is currently in and what type of computer you work on. Let me know and I'll give you a specific answer.

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 10:24 PM - Response #2

Brad,
I was looking for this answer and found this thread. I have a 38 seconds video sent to me from a classmate. I know I can put it in onetruemedia and post it. But the quality sometime changes. Can I post it directly on the site from my computer? It is in quicktime right now. As I do not know what I am doing totally, I am requesting help from the best.
Tina

Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM - Response #3

According to this website, this is how to embed a quicktime movie:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/chaffin_abraham/embedding-quicktime-movies.php

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM - Response #4

Hello....If you are still available....I have a .mp4 video file that we would like to post to the classcreator site without using Youtube.

Can you assist?

Thanks...Stan

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 4:51 PM - Response #5

We typically do not recommend posting the videos to our server. We recommend posting to Youtube or Vimeo and using their embed option to display the video on the website.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10:27 PM - Response #6

Stan, I think what Scott means is that videos typically take a lot of file space. Don't remember the file size limit for CC (I think there is one?)

If you still want to upload it this is the code to use to display the video on your site (replace with actual links). I've never actually used this, since YouTube is "free" storage, but looks like this.

Insert the code in "source" mode in the Editor (same as you would do with YouTube.

element.

If you are worried about public viewingon YouTube, all you have to do is mark the video as Unlisted (NOT private). All people with the link can view it. It won't show up in searches. Click the embed options to get the code to put on your page.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM - Response #7

Our file vault does not like to accept files greater than 10 MB. Many videos will exceed that limit. Additionally, the streaming power of the servers provided by YouTube and Vimeo will be much better than what we can provide. Also, while we do have some administrators with enough technical background to be comfortable with manipulating code, the majority do not. Therefore it is typically the best fit to suggest using the embed code that is provided by video streaming services such as YouTube and Vimeo to easily cut and paste to minimize the effort required for the admin. So, for many reasons, we typically suggest the 3rd party video hosting solution.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 11:59 AM - Response #8

Exactly. However, the code I showed requires exactly the same "technical background" as the YouTube embed code Very Happy

But there's an even simpler option (although one has to look at the code if anything different is desired). Again requiring moderate knowledge.

There's a YouTube Insert (embed) option in the editor too. Lowest row, right side of the CC editor. So yes, overall YouTube is the easiest to use for "free" storage.

Footnote to RD users: CC limits the width of the video and messes up centering by adding some code. That can be changed, but I have no idea why CC doesn't fix this Question

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.