ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Total Name Count

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/02/14 06:54 PM Views: 1109 Replies: 5
Friday, May 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM

HOME page -- Can we show a total count of "all classmates" at the top of the "Where we live" Map on the Home page? It would be a total of all the numbers by State, Country, unknown, and deceased.

CLASSMATE PROFILES page -- Can we show a Total Count of all names listed on the Classmate Profiles somewhere at the top or in the box? Can we also add a line and total count in the BOX at the top of the Classmate Profiles page that says: "users has not created a profile"?

MISSING CLASSMATES page -- Can we show a Total Count of all names on the Missing Classmates page?

Our list has 710 names. Thanks!

Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM - Response #1

How would your first suggestion be different than the JOINED CLASSMATES right-side module which would show a pie-chart with the following information:

JOINED CLASSMATES

Percentage of Joined Classmates: 35.3%

A:     236    Joined
B:     433    Not Joined

Isn't a pie-chart better than a "Total Count of all Classmates" which would never change?
If these numbers are available on the Home Page, why are they also needed on the Classmate Profiles and Missing Classmates pages?

Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM - Response #2

I am not sure why, but my profile page does not show a pie-chart; it is only on the statistics page. Pie charts by design are best at showing a proportion of "a" total. This pie chart only counts the living, not all of the names on the list (data base) so it will change and it is not the same figure as the total count of all the numbers on the "map list" on the Home page.

I would assume that if I "override" a person off of the missing list that has not joined, the Missing list number would not be the same as the not joined number. If it doesn't I would want the numbers to be different.

Having a total count on each page will also help me track if I have accidentally duplicated or removed a name.

I would really like the class mates to see the very large number of people on the list or data base that we are working with. Seeing several figures [425, 40, 245] is not as impressive as seeing one number [710].

Thank you.

Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Response #3

To activate the pie chart, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit HOME PAGE, then select the checkbox called "Joined Classmates". Let me know if you need me to do it.

Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM - Response #4

On the pie chart for Joined and not joined, it seems that the deceased are figured into the not joined. Am I correct?

Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 9:32 PM - Response #5

I don't think so. From my stats, it appears that guests and deceased members are not counted.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.