ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

emailing certain classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/13/09 10:19 PM Views: 1298 Replies: 2
Monday, July 13, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hi -

Is there a way to send an mass email to certain classmates? Our site has two years on there and I see where I can email each year separately but can't find how to email certain classmates by clicking on the names.

Thanks!

Michelle

Monday, July 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM - Response #1

Welcome Michelle.

Not on multi year sites, no. Single year sites do have the option to selectively mass email individual Classmates. On multi sites we provided the option to selectively email class years, as you pointed out.

If you're wondering why we didn't provide the option to specify specific recipients in addition to class years on multi year sites, it's because many of the multi year sites out there have thousands of members. One alumni site has 35,000. Displaying all of these names on one page would not only be very non user friendly, it would be a huge drain on database resources to pull up a page with thousands of dynamically generated names on it.

What we'll be doing down the road to accommodate for this is allowing you to create mailing lists within the system. So this way if you regularly need to email 15 people from the class of 1989, you can put them all on one unique list and then just send to that list when you need to contact the group. This will be coming up after several major features we're working on now.

Edited 07/13/09 10:47 PM
Monday, August 30, 2010 at 7:56 PM - Response #2

Michelle,

I don't know if you've seen the recent updates to the "Email the Class" feature but it now allows you to email specific classmates. You'll just need to deselect all classmates then filter and find the ones you want.

Rick

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.